• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Over the years fanediting, I have forgiven bad editing in movies for the most part, given that those editors are under deadlines, whereas we faneditors have the luxury of hindsight and ample time to really work the movies into our vision.

Now that all these movies are being delayed due to Covid related issues, there is ample time for directors and editors to hone that movie into a work of art, a luxury not afforded to most big budget projects. There will probably always be however, too many cooks in the kitchen.

I wonder if the set of movies that release when things like WW1984 come out will be noticeably better quality overall due to all the extra time then have now.

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wakeupkeo said:
Over the years fanediting, I have forgiven bad editing in movies for the most part, given that those editors are under deadlines, whereas we faneditors have the luxury of hindsight and ample time to really work the movies into our vision.

Now that all these movies are being delayed due to Covid related issues, there is ample time for directors and editors to hone that movie into a work of art, a luxury not afforded to most big budget projects. There will probably always be however, too many cooks in the kitchen.

I wonder if the set of movies that release when things like WW1984 come out will be noticeably better quality overall due to all the extra time then have now.

I have wondered the past several months if Rise of Skywalker would have been ultimately improved or left as-is, as it was insanely rushed and there were countless re-shoots.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Posted to Facebook by a supervisor at my old catering company, which usually runs massive holiday parties for Google, Facebook, etc.: "So, is this how 'regular' people spend December? How boring. Stay safe."

:D

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
San Francisco gets its biggest earthquake in years shortly before 6AM on New Year's Eve 2020... because of course it does. Given 2020, I guess we should just be grateful it wasn't The Big One. :p

quake.jpg

Happy New Year to all. May it be full of good health, effective vaccines, honorable heads of state, and happiness for the lot of ya! :D

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welp, I've got the 'Rona, confirmed via test. Day 6 of mild symptoms: minor sore throat, with some fatigue and shortness of breath earlier in the week. Since I'd only visited my parents in the relevant time frame, who didn't seem to give it to me, I figure it was either the elevators in my apartment building or Safeway wot done the deed. Seeing as I'm applying for work at the moment, a brief and mild illness isn't a big deal to me personally; I just hope I don't get any of that long-term pulmonary and/or cardiac scarring we've been hearing about in even seemingly low-key cases...  :dodgy:

CatBus said:
2020's all like: "Miss me yet?"

Speaking in my official capacity as a 2021 COVID-19 infectee: "Oh, hell no, 2020, you stay gone now and forever!"  :p

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good luck with continued mild symptoms and a speedy recovery.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got covid a few months ago, it sucked. Now I might have it again, this is bullshit. And goddamnit I hate that I feel bad about calling out of work.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got covid a few months ago, it sucked. Now I might have it again, this is bullshit. And goddamnit I hate that I feel bad about calling out of work.
My 87 year old father (vaccinated and boosted) just recovered using Paxlovid. Had only mild symptoms. Good luck.

Our family here in Germany still has zero infections throughout the pandemic. We’re not taking any crazy precautions (we were at Oktoberfest for the German Day of Unification, for example) but we keep fully vaccinated and boosted. Next booster will be this month.

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Paxlovid got me through as well, in record time.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is the first I've heard of Paxlovid honestly. My first instinct was to make a joke about Bill Paxton, but nothing funny came to mind. Anyways, I'll look into it. Thanks guys.

Don't feel bad about work. It's just work. Unless you're a surgeon saving lives on a ticking clock, don't worry about it. While you're sick, only concern yourself with resting and getting better.
I just started the job last month, and I've already used up two and a half sick days so far. I just don't want to disappoint anyone I guess. But my boss happens to be my grandmother, and she insists that it's not a problem, so I'm probably fine.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ha! Granny is good boss. Seriously though that sounds like US level stressing (you're in the UK, right?). Germans don’t stress about that stuff at all and my best friend here is from Sweden and he thinks Germans do stress about time off 🤣. So clearly Scandinavia is on a whole ‘nother level. But I didn’t think any of Europe was as bad as the US in the crazy pressure to work on your death bed.

9ec14c75e14d01dad4bcdc687ea3d04c130307d47fd8a7101610b1ca8f1bf5ca_1.jpg

Top Bottom