• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had a friend with it (but not confirmed with testing).  Extremely sudden onset of high fever, chills, dry coughing, and complete lack of energy that lasted for almost exactly two weeks.  No trouble breathing for the duration, thankfully.  Worked with doctors via telemedicine, thus no formal test.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm scared just from over hearing conversations downstairs. I guess my stepmother's dad did something stupid, probably regarding him going out earlier, and my father is terrified. I don't know the specifics, I may investigate further later, but I'm just gonna assume now that we're all doomed.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bay Area, California counties extend shelter-in-place order to May 3.

Truly, Justin warned us all.

me-so-when-can-we-leave-our-houses-government-its-gonna-be-may-quarantine-meme.jpg

And, on a lighter note:

FB_IMG_1585663629753.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Richard Jackson of Val Verde Broadcasting has just posted this 3.5-min Lockdown short Doc. Stick with it, it's well worth it:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FYI: Andrew Lloyd Webber is putting up some free 1080p full musicals on youtube each Friday, for 48-hrs. I missed Dreamcoat last weekend but he's put up Jesus Christ Superstar today with Tim Minchin (who sounds amazing):

Plus...

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
1 month under state-imposed lockdown now and I'm starting to lose my grasp on time. The days are becoming meaningless, my sleep schedule is non-existent and it feels like I've been stuck inside far longer.

There's a point in Parasite where the guy in the basement says "I feel like I was born down here" and that feeling really resonates with me right now.

I need a walk...

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
so i had some chest pains/shortness of breath for a week, which last thursday landed me in hospital overnight,
now i went to followup with my regular doctor since im still hurting, they tested me for covid19, and now im stuck at home
till results come back, got may rent paid, not sure bout june, worry bout that later.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
so i had some chest pains/shortness of breath for a week, which last thursday landed me in hospital overnight,
now i went to followup with my regular doctor since im still hurting, they tested me for covid19, and now im stuck at home
till results come back, got may rent paid, not sure bout june, worry bout that later.

That's terrible to hear JS. We all wish you luck.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:

My inbox is always open if you need mutual support.

Take some time to try relax, stay calm, warm and hydrated. Best of luck in the days to come.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
im now officially covid19 negative and can go back to work.

YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY (well not the work thing but) YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
im now officially covid19 negative and can go back to work.

That's great to hear! Is there an explanation for your sickness though?

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
im working on getting in with psychiatrist - to see if its rooted in how i handle stress and anxiety
and that its somehow manifesting into real pain,

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Over 2,000 dead in my state.  It looks like the curve is flattening, but people are being complete morons and protesting the quarantine.  People, it's clearly working and you're just gonna get yourself killed.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
Over 2,000 dead in my state.  It looks like the curve is flattening, but people are being complete morons and protesting the quarantine.  People, it's clearly working and you're just gonna get yourself killed.
I saw a good one yesterday in COVIDiocy: the virus spreads more rapidly depending on how dense people are and how dense people are.

Top Bottom