• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Converting the .MPG into a VIDEO_TS folder for burning

agentaika

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry about asking so many questions. I'm an editor. I'm not an mpeg expert. :cry: But once I get the hang of this... :smile:

I'm on my final step. I've looked up some tools for converting mpeg into vob but all of them want to encode the mpeg file again. Is there a program that will simply split the mpeg2 into a vob?

I think I read somewhere that Diko can create a VIDEO_TS folder and use CCE to do the encoding so you only have to encode once. But I might have read wrong.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
usually there is no encoding to vob happening, it is just a restructuring.
You can try MUXMAN to get a basic DVD authored.
Then you can use PGCDEMUX to get it back to m2v and ac3, just to check if there is any diference, but there shouldn't be.

Top Bottom