• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Converting MTs/H264 to MP4 Audio sync issues

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hi

I'm in the process of converting my Matrix edit to MP4 and I've used, Corelly Video studio pro versions 5,6 and 7, Ulead video studio 4, AVS4YOU, DVD/BD FAB versions 8 and 9, Blu Ray Ripper and tried native renders of a 20GB in sync MPEG....every attempt results in parts of the edit being out of sync...NOT ALL of it...and not even consistently wrong either (damn strange). Sometimes a coupld of frames out of sync for a few minutes, then ok again...sometimes more than a second out for a few minues, and back in sync again.

I have no frigging idea what in the hell is going on or how to get a stable correctly synced file. Ive googled and not come up with an answer. I even tried using a quicktime conversion setting key frames every 12 frames...nothing.

Has anyone had a similar issue, and if not what software should I use...? If you had a similar issue, how did you resolve it?

Many thanks indeed...

WRAITH

ps using an 8 core, 3.8ghz, 12gb RAM custom system PC BASED Windows 7 (please dont tell me to buy a MAC....you would sound like my son LOL)

Kindle fire is a friggin nightmare if you don't lift your finger off the glass sufficiently ...auto correct on steroids..
Thx=the.....

Wraith, are you rendering a lossless AVI from your NLE? The programs you mentioned make it sound as if you're not.

Try to render your video as a lossless AVI and your audio as a stereo WAV. See if everything's in sync by making a simple AviSynth script, opening it in VirtualDub, and playing it. (Putting the AVI, the WAV, and the script in the same directory makes things easier.)

Code:
video=AviSource("[B]whatever[/B].avi")#Change the word in bold to the file-name.
audio=WavSource("[B]whatever[/B].wav")#Change the word in bold to the file-name.
AudioDub(video,audio)

If it is, use the command-line (or MeGUI if you prefer GUIs) to make your MP4. If it's not, the problem lies with your NLE, and you should examine your timeline and project settings.

Back
Top Bottom