• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Convert a PAL DVD to NTSC DVD

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this is your guide

I will try this one on 24 - THE MISSING DAY

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm, be aware that it is really only correct if the source video was PAL.
If it was NTSC video or film before being PAL'd you aren't correcting the speed up and returning it to NTSC you're just making PAL video run on an NTSC player.
Besides that, the guide looks about right. Or if you're lazy, you can accomplish the same thing with a piece of software called DIKO which automates the process.

malbie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmmm. The original link doesn't work but I assume it is the same as this one.

If you don't own and/or are not inclined to get a cheap region-free DVD player, this is the thing to do. I've used this MANY times to trick my DVD players into reading PAL DVDs, and it's worked every time.

ifoEdit is the only software required and that's a free download.

P.S. - I also keep a copy of the original PAL DVD for trading purposes so I'm not "polluting" the trade pool with modified DVDs.

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It is a very cool method. Doesn't work on my Sony, and PowerDVD had issues with it too.

Compatibility is really hit or miss with that method.

Top Bottom