• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Conquest of Jurassic World

jobwillins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Conquest of Jurassic World is an editing project combining material from Jurassic World and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom into a flashback structure. Running about 2.5 hours, this edit tries to strengthen the lead characters’ arcs by giving Claire more agency and making Owen a bit more flawed. By intercutting the films I tried to emphasize the themes of hubris and contempt for nature that tie more directly to the original Jurassic Park.  I used roughly 60 minutes of Jurassic World and 90 minutes of Fallen Kingdom.

Here's a teaser.  I'll be submitting it to the IFDB shortly.

Hope you enjoy it!  :)
~JobWillins

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looking forward to it. Loved your Man of Tomorrow combo. :)

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Looking forward to it. Loved your Man of Tomorrow combo. :)

Jobwillins the master of combo. Sounds like a great idea ...im looking forward to it.

jobwillins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the kind words, @"Zarius" and @"Last Impressions" !

I really hope you enjoy it!

~J

jobwillins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, @"stferguson78" !

For anyone interested in this edit, if one were to peer deeply into the description of the Vimeo teaser, one may find more to watch  ;)

It should be up on IFDB with the next batch of new edits.

~J

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Joust finished watching it. A marvellous 2-in-1 effort there @"jobwillins", everything flowed well. JW 1 works so much better now as backstory than it's own story, Fallen Kingdom has more plot.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This whole time I've been thinking to myself, "Was Fallen Kingdom even released on video yet? This doesn't seem right".

Then I just remembered that obviously it already came out, I own it, it was bought for me. I've just been trying to block it out because I had no interest in the film. 

But now that I've set aside my internal confusion, I've properly read about this edit, and it does kind of interest me. Perhaps if I ever get around to watching the film proper, I'll check this out afterwards. I can already guarantee thus is better.

jobwillins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, @"Zarius" !  That means a lot to me  :)

~J

Zarius said:
Joust finished watching it. A marvellous 2-in-1 effort there @"jobwillins", everything flowed well. JW 1 works so much better now as backstory than it's own story, Fallen Kingdom has more plot.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is now on ifdb. Thread moved.

jobwillins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you, @"TM2YC" !

Hope folks enjoy it!  Feel free to DM me here or on Twitter (JobWillins)

~J

jobwillins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, @"Zarius" !  Really glad you liked it!

~J

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We watched this edit three times and then watched the two movies that it is edited from twice.

It is quite amazing! Nothing that mattered was taken out. Only fluff.

The story arc moved much faster and the editing was seemless.

We even matched up scenes from the edit to the originals to see how much was removed and check the scenes.

The flashbacks worked great. Especially in the end when Blue's loyalty and protective instinct came into play.

An awesome edit of two movies made into one the way that it should be done.

9.5/10

TerryRL

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great looking trailer! I'm a big fan and I can't wait to check your latest work.

jobwillins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks everyone for the encouragement!  I'm glad folks have been enjoying the edit.

I just fixed a minor 1 second video glitch around the 1hr3min mark yesterday, so if you downloaded it earlier and want a fixed version it's now available.

Thanks again!

~J

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jobwillins said:
Thanks everyone for the encouragement!  I'm glad folks have been enjoying the edit.

I just fixed a minor 1 second video glitch around the 1hr3min mark yesterday, so if you downloaded it earlier and want a fixed version it's now available.

Thanks again!

~J

We didn't even notice.

Top Bottom