• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Comparing LOST: THE CRASH to LOST I: GENESIS

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm looking at the different LOST edits available, according to IFDB.

I'd like to see an edit that starts with the airport scenes, culled from the various flashbacks in the pilot episode, throughout the first season, in the season finale, and even in at least one Season 2 episode ("S.O.S.").

Do either of these edits do that? Or both of them? Or neither? The descriptions aren't too specific on this particular point.

Not that this is inherently a better way to do the edit than anything else; that's just what I'm in the mood for seeing right now.

I'm kind of wanting to watch it a bit chronologically. I know there's a website where this is done slavishly (and probably impressively), but I don't want to see the events of that awful episode "Beyond the Sea" or waste time watching Locke on a pot farm or Jack getting his tattoos. But the events just before takeoff are so spread out among various episodes, it'd be fun to see what it looks like putting it all together.

Radzinsky or jobwillins or someone who's seen the edits, could you illuminate, please?

EDITED TO ADD: To clarify, I realize that neither of these edits have chronology as a direct goal. Radzinsky's stated goal is: "This film series eschews the manufactured drama of its parent television series in order to focus on the compelling narrative hidden beneath its surface." And JobWillins' stated goal is: "I condensed the primary storylines of Lost Season 1 into a 3 hour (ish) film. ... the goal was to include enough information for all subsequent seasons to make sense for someone who hadn’t seen the show."

I'm just wondering if, in reshaping the footage to achieve these goals, the editors wound up putting a lot of that pre-flight footage at the beginning of the edit.

Chronologically Lost does exactly what you want. You don't need to watch John Locke on the farm or Jack's tattoos to watch it, start on episode 25. It starts with Walt waking up early in the hotel room, and ends before the crash. Episode 26 starts with Jack on the plane.

You don't need to watch Across the Sea either. Check the cutlists to avoid what you don't want to watch.

Awesome. That's exactly what I needed to know -- episode 25. Thanks, theslime!

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry, I didn't see the pages with the individual cutlists at first. The most recent post is just for the entire series as a torrent, so I thought that was my only option for downloading.

EDITED: Actually, looking again, that is all I see. The individual pages just link back to the front page. There's a streaming option, but the only downloadable torrent seems to be the one for the whole series. The page says, "This episode runs 39:41 and is 326MB to download," but then the link provided is just for the full thing, so far as I can see. Oh, well.

It would be pointless to offer single-file torrents. Torrent clients allow download of individual files, and have since forever (I like Transmission or Bittorrent). You just uncheck the files you don't want. There is no problem here. :)

Hmm, I think I might understand now.

When I click on "Download Torrent," it pops up a download box that says "ChronogicallyLOST" with the file name ".torrent". That's why I think there's only one file to be downloaded that contains all the episodes.

But what you're saying is that after I download that, I open it with BitTorrent and then I'll get a list of files for individual episodes?

Sorry if I'm being hopelessly dumb here. I'm doing this on a computer at work, which doesn't have BitTorrent installed on it, and I have no authorization to download any new program onto it. But if I bring in my Flash drive, I could try to download just the torrent file at work and then go home and "unpack" it with BitTorrent (if I have it on my home computer, and if I've understood your instructions correctly).

Have I mentioned that it really stinks not to be afford Internet at home anymore? We probably would have solved this whole thing 5 posts ago.

You don't unpack a torrent file. It's an index file (less than a megabyte in total) you use to direct the downloader where to go, just like an nzb file for Usenet or a dlc for Mega/Rapidshare. So if you don't have Internet at home, you need to do it all at work. Use a portable version of Transmission, for instance, which you can run without installing as admin. Download the torrent file, open Transmission portable, open the torrent file in Transmission, choose your files.

But what you're saying is that after I download that, I open it with BitTorrent and then I'll get a list of files for individual episodes?
Yes.

Back
Top Bottom