• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Commentary track

Delpheas

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, so I've recorded a commentary for use with my Narnia 1 edit. How do I make it so that a certain button on the dvd menu will play the movie with the commentary?

InfoDroid

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I may have no idea what I'm talking about, but the way I understand it is, you render the commentary track seperately and drop it into the "Audio 2" slot if memory serves. It should be right beneath where you'd place the normal audio. Then you just make a button and connect it. Am I right? :razz:

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
adding a second audio track in DVD Lab Pro is easy, creating a button to play it is kind of, depending on what you want.
2 possibilities:
1: select the audio without starting the movie.
you can use a link for that. It is under link option to set an audio track.
2: select the audio and starting the movie:
to do that you need a VM command. Go to connections on the upper right (project bar). right click on an empty space in the main bar: add --> add command object --> in vts domain
double click on the vm command object to open it
click on script
in dvd vm commands select SetSTN and manually write in brackets (audio=0) to select the first audio track or (audio=1) to select the 2nd audio track and so on. It will look like that: SetSTN (audio=0).
then click on ok and close. Set the movie as end link to the command object. Now you can link from your menu to the command object(s) so by clicking it the movie will automatically start with the selected audio.
Careful: once the second audio is selected this might stay active for other videos that are also on your DVD. This can result in no audio playing for the other videos. To avoid that you need another command object that sets the audio back to the first one. Set the end and menu link for the movie to this command. Set the end link of the command to the menu. This way it will always be set back until otherwise selected by the watcher.
Complicated, I know.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Boon,

wouldn't creating a blank menu, naming it the Audio Options menu and adding a button for each audio track work just the same? Of course he'd have to link the audio tracks to their respective buttons but shouldn't that do the trick? I'm pretty sure that's how I had done it before when I had tried to make a multi-audio track DVD of the Live Earth performance by Metallica.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes, that is what I described in option 1. It won't directly start the movie though. You need an additional PLAY button.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i find the "audio" button on my remote works well...

seriously, tho - you just need both audio streams with the video when you mux them together

Delpheas

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm, thar is complicated. I'll mess around with it and see what I get. Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom