• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Codeblack: A Black Ranger Fan Film Starring Walter Jones (Zack From MMPR)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The developers of the Codeblack fanfilm project recently reached out to the community at Rangercrew, letting them know that the pilot has been completed and will be released over the summer, they hope to get approval from Hasbro to make it a legit Power Rangers series (good luck with that, Hasbro have their own plans for franchise expansion)

RANGERCREW'S BACK!? I'm joining

And I saw this on instagram weeks ago

RANGERCREW'S BACK!? I'm joining

And I saw this on instagram weeks ago
Do you know if it's crowd-funded or not?

If it is, perhaps they're being savy reaching out to Rangercrew since Rangerboard have a very test attiude towards crowd-funded projects

Rangercrew's been back up for years, it just moved urls. it doesn't have quite the same following it did once, but I'm there also.

There's this independent short but looking at it it might be a SECOND Walter Jones project?

I'm skeptical with the whole "we've got this project and we're going to pitch to Hasbro" thing. Star Trek was rabid with them between ENT and DSC - Renegades, Equinox, Phoenix - others that didn't get made - they wanted to be more than fan films

David Yost is writing an OG cast reunion,. QUANTUM CONTINUUM, which he wants to pitch to Hasbro. I'm the guy who'd LOVE a reunion spin off, but so many PR fans wiould rather just have the same-old new crew, Sentai adaptations every year. I'm the guy hoping that the 'dropping Sentai' with Entwistle is true. Time to elevate this franchise

As for crowdfunders? There was The Order by Karan 'I have no clue what I'm doing' Ashley and Michael Copon's projects that went nowhere however fans contributed hudreds of dollars. MMPR, the fan film, fizzled to nothing - starting as a feature then a mini series, but all we got were a couple of prequel shorts and preview scenes. The PR community do not like fundraisers!

At least we know Bat in the Sun (JDF and the White Dragon) know how to make quality content, and they've done a feature film before

So the official website went down and the Indiegogo was closed with only 18% of it's stretch goal reached. The YT channel hasn't been updated in four months, but here's what I found on it. Comments are disabled.

Back
Top Bottom