• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Cobra Kai: Season Zero

Thread moved back to ITW.

So after taking a break i returned back to this edit with some new ideas.
I have reworked the opening credit sequence once again and I think I have a finsihed version of the sequence.

I also had the idea for when this edit is complete where I could start releasing the episodes weekly on the forum, however if you want to binge watch it you can just send me a PM.

I love the first three Karate Kid movies, I'm very much looking forward to this. I really do need to get around to checking out Cobra Kai at some point though.

This will now be the closing to credits to pretty much every episode. I tried keeping the cobra kai logo in the back without it interfering with the text in front.

I want to spice up this thread a little more so here is an example of one of the changes I have done so far, where I have done a flashback and done slight trimming.

Had a quick attempt at trying to make a previously for the start of the 2nd episode, may continue with this theme depending what other people think.

I feel like recently I am somewhat getting better at making these previously's, it would be nice to know what everyone thinks of this, and since episode 2's previously I have stuck with rendering the show in just 720p now as my PC could not handle any higher resolution than that sadly,

I meant to post something about this the other day but forgot, I got the chance to preview the first episode of this project, and it was very delightful to watch. The intro sequence was superb, and beyond that I didn't notice any cuts whatsoever which is always a good thing. I always forget how much I love these movies, this was a great time and I can't wait to see more!

I watched that last clip you posted, great job at assembling the essential footage for the recap, though I'm not a fan of the "Previously on Cobra Kai" voice to be honest.

jrWHAG42 said:
I meant to post something about this the other day but forgot, I got the chance to preview the first episode of this project, and it was very delightful to watch. The intro sequence was superb, and beyond that I didn't notice any cuts whatsoever which is always a good thing. I always forget how much I love these movies, this was a great time and I can't wait to see more!

I watched that last clip you posted, great job at assembling the essential footage for the recap, though I'm not a fan of the "Previously on Cobra Kai" voice to be honest.

Yeah I'm not too big on it either I was actually gonna ask if anyone on this site can help me out and send me a clip of them saying "Previously On Cobra Kai".

The second previously on video worked a lot better as it kept the pace going and showed essential narratives without spending time in the scenes. As for the flashback, the transitional effect looked good, but the flashback itself is really long. I would think a flashback should be something very brief, maybe 3-5 seconds max. Honestly I'm not sure if the flashback idea works.

IN regards to the previously on voice, not sure if you saw this post by moviesremastered,
Movies Remastered said:
If you're just looking for one-word options have you tried this? It's worked pretty well if you just type loads of words and duplicate the words you want.
 You can try this program online:
  • Go to https://colab.research.google.com/g...b/master/notebooks/RealTimeVoiceCloning.ipynb
  • Click on Runtime -> Run All
  • You’ll encounter an error in the “Record or Upload” cell, set “record_or_upload” to “Upload (.mp3 or .wav)” and click on the play button to run it again
  • Upload the voice sample you want to clone
  • Change the text in the “Synthesize a text” cell and run it

Might be worth it to try and have it sound like Daniel or Mr. Miyagi.

DigModiFicaTion said:
The second previously on video worked a lot better as it kept the pace going and showed essential narratives without spending time in the scenes. As for the flashback, the transitional effect looked good, but the flashback itself is really long. I would think a flashback should be something very brief, maybe 3-5 seconds max. Honestly I'm not sure if the flashback idea works.

IN regards to the previously on voice, not sure if you saw this post by moviesremastered,
Movies Remastered said:
If you're just looking for one-word options have you tried this? It's worked pretty well if you just type loads of words and duplicate the words you want.
 You can try this program online:
  • Go to https://colab.research.google.com/g...b/master/notebooks/RealTimeVoiceCloning.ipynb
  • Click on Runtime -> Run All
  • You’ll encounter an error in the “Record or Upload” cell, set “record_or_upload” to “Upload (.mp3 or .wav)” and click on the play button to run it again
  • Upload the voice sample you want to clone
  • Change the text in the “Synthesize a text” cell and run it

Might be worth it to try and have it sound like Daniel or Mr. Miyagi.

Thank you for the great feedback Dig, about the flashback I think I should've worded it better. It isn't so much a flashback. It's kinda more like reassuring the audience what actually happened.
As the first episode of the season cuts out on just before the beating happens and we only see the aftermath, not once do they say what happened there during that fight. So I restored the scene in the second episode to make sense for a first time viewer.

Also thank you for telling me about this speech thing it looks great will definitely try and use it in my edit.

Using advice from @"jrWHAG42" and @"DigModiFicaTion" I've shortened down the Episode 2 previously and also amde the Pace feel a little lighter. And tried using that voice generator Dig suggested.

Now that it has been announced that season three of Cobra Kai is being released on the 1st of January next year I want to try and get this edit out at around that time too.

This gives me around 4 days to finish 1 more episode which will easily be done.

If anyone wants a link to what I've done so far PM me.

Had a go at a quick cover poster today, i just wanted to know what everyone thought?

afHCQ3w.jpg

I like it, but the FE logo looks out of place in my eyes. Ideally I'd say to put it one of the bottom corners, but then it'd blend in with the background. Perhaps putting it right above the text somewhere? I don't know, maybe that wouldn't work. You're on the right track in any case.

jrWHAG42 said:
I like it, but the FE logo looks out of place in my eyes. Ideally I'd say to put it one of the bottom corners, but then it'd blend in with the background. Perhaps putting it right above the text somewhere? I don't know, maybe that wouldn't work. You're on the right track in any case.

I personally don't think the FE logo looks too bad, I may add a white outline to make it blend better.

[quote="It']
I personally don't think the FE logo looks too bad, I may add a white outline to make it blend better.
[/quote]

If you think it works, that's all that matters :)

jrWHAG42 said:
[quote="It']

If you think it works, that's all that matters :)
[/quote]

Thanks for your input :)

As i have now pretty much finished every episode apart from the finale I ended up naming all the episodes today.

Episode 1: What Goes Around Comes Around.
Episode 2: All-Valley
Episode 3: Balance
Episode 4: No Mercy
Episode 5: Mr Miyagi's Little Trees
Episode 6: Make A Wish
Episode 7: Quick Silver
Episode 8: Focus

Also on a side note episode 5 does not have a previously now as I wanted to somehow show for first time viewers that you have entered the 3rd film and have began a new story.

Back
Top Bottom