• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Closing credits don't scroll all of the way up in final MPG file

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I recently finished editing my Gundam Wing fan edit. I typed up new closing credits. In the timeline, the credits scroll all of the way up by the end of the song.

I encoded an MPG file. I recently realized the credits don't finish by the time that the song ends. The next-to-the-last line scrolls up from the bottom of the screen as the song ends, and then the video ends. Basically, it looks as if the credits scroll a bit too slow in the final MPG compared to the timeline.

I didn't have this problem when editing "Carly's Story". The difference there is I put the credits file in the video portion of the timeline, whereas here it's in the text portion of the timeline (I can't put it in the video field, because around the first minute of the closing credits has some video playing).

Is there any solution to this? More importantly, before I discovered the error, I'd already created all of the chapter marks for the DVD (all 52 of them). If I remove the video from the DVD project, the chapter marks would be removed, and I'd have to re-do them. I wouldn't have to remove the video from the project, if I can create a new (corrected) MPG file of the exact same running length (if you alter the length of the file, the DVD project still goes by the original length).

Back
Top Bottom