• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS: THE COMPLETE HD EDIT 148min

Now, I fell like you are messing with him, at this point, friend. 'Apologies if you are actually serious and not trolling... It's somewhat funny, I find it :), that's all. As far as I know, you might actually really be passionate about the movie, and really wish to pick Wraith's brain... Can't blame you for that, really, I admire dude's work immensely, as well... Anyway :), I think you might find the "Changes" tab useful in getting info about the sources for soundtrack, Wraith used: Click here.
Godspeed, and may you be inspired, to embark on a fanediting project of you own...

LOL…..
That is so funny…..

You have a very keen ear.
Dear Wraith,

After comparing the deleted scenes in the Special Features disc for Close Encounters of the Third Kind, I noticed that the deleted scenes on my disc did not have any music, but your re-inserted deleted scenes in your FanEdit has an original score from John Williams, with the music clearly from the Close Encounters soundtrack, but not audible anywhere else in the official movie.

Where did you get this extra music? (I assume that you are not on a first-name basis with John Williams, and that he did not compose this new music just for you.)

Yours sincerely,
davbro02.
LOL…..
That is so funny…..

You have a very keen ear.

There was a 40th anniversary, limited edition cd released which contains the unused cues by John Williams. Lo and behold the names of the tracks match, the deleted scenes. Drop music in over the scene and buy large it fits a little bit .There was a 40th anniversary, limited edition CD released which contained the unused cues by John Williams. Low and behold the names of the tracks match, the deleted scenes. Drop music in over the scene and buy a large, it fits a little bit of editing to one of the other And bingo. You have the correct music in the correct spot. Quite remarkable. What does that tell us? It tells us that a lot of those scenes were removed late in post production. At some point this movie might have been in at being a three hour journey.

Dear Wraith,

I know that this is the Christmas/New Year celebration period, but I was curious to know... one last question about your Close Encounters FanEdit...

The deleted scene in the commercial aircraft in the first 15-minutes of the film - the one at the O'Hare airport - my deleted scene on the Special Features disc does not have any sound effects audio for a few seconds here-and-there. How and where did you manage to get and integrate the audio track to correct the missing sound on that deleted scene?

Yours sincerely,
davbro02.

Last edited:
I know that this is the Christmas/New Year celebration period, but I was curious to know...

Those deleted scenes with the additonal music that you added into your FanEdit - how did you know what musical cues to add to each specific deleted scene?
That was easier than it sounds since the UNRELEASED CUES had names like...
"The Approach", "Another Vision", "Watching the Skies"...(Roy on the Roof)...etc...

Dear Wraith,

I know that this is the Christmas/New Year celebration period, but I was curious to know... one last question about your Close Encounters FanEdit...

The deleted scene in the commercial aircraft in the first 15-minutes of the film - the one at the O'Hare airport - my deleted scene on the Special Features disc does not have any sound effects audio for a few seconds here-and-there. How and where did you manage to get and integrate the audio track to correct the missing sound on that deleted scene?

Yours sincerely,
davbro02.
What The Fuck Wtf GIF

Back
Top Bottom