• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Classic Adventure Games

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you don't mind 2D graphics and 16-256 colors gog.com has some classic Sierra adventure games on sale. You can get all six Space Quest games for $14, all eight King's Quest games for $21, or all four Police Quest games for $7. If you're an adventure gamer and have never played some of the original adventure games, now is you chance! These are all great games.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do they have Adventure for the Atari 2600?

Oh wait, that was 1D.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Do they have Adventure for the Atari 2600?

no, but you could always by the newly released Commodore 64 with built in games. :)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I saw that, it looks awesome.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I saw that, it looks awesome.

If not a little pricy, but beggars can't be choosers. Now, if only they'd release a new Amiga system life would be good.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
GOG is a mecca if you want to play a lot of the old games on a modern platform, I personally played most of them first time round but it's a great place to pick up a bargain if you've not played them before. It's a real shame they don't carry the Larry games though, I have all of them so it's not a problem I just wish more people were still able to play them.

My particular favourites from the era as Simon the Sorcerer, Revolutions Back Catalogue, Phantasmagoria (avoid sequel though), Tex Murphy and Gabe Knight

New Amiga system you say TC? how about this one Clicky not much info yet but it is still very much in development. Alternatively you could give Amiga Forever if you want to play around with a live Amiga environment or want to muck about in the Amiga desktop. Personally I prefer WinUAE with a lot of heavily modified system profiles.

btw if you need any help tracking down some of the more tricky files you will require, give me a shout. I actually quite like AmigaOS 3.9, OS4 looks pretty good as well, just need some hardware to run it and it should be all good. I Have a very nice custom OS3 environment I grabbed from somewhere a while back if you're interested, it is about 8Gb though. It's not really usable as a primary OS though as Internet and web support is still pretty basic but if you want to see how advanced an Amiga can be (without the new system hardware) then it's pretty interesting (and has a shitton of games installed which is a nice bonus)

Btw TC dunno if you've played the Broken Mirror series but the new one is pretty damn good, particularly after playing so many TT games its nice to get my teeth into a proper adventure again.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
They have tex murphy on GoG, now I'm just sitting patiently for Bioforge. I have most of the lucasarts classics from when they were originally released so those run fine on ScummVM

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I picked up the Tex Murphy games a month or two ago when they were on sale. Haven't played them yet though. I'm so behind on games at the moment.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That reminds me I must finish the final couple chapters of Pandora Directive.

Top Bottom