• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Clash of the Titans 2010

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Remember when you saw the original movie again on Telly at Christmas or Easter or whenever and thought oh wow this hasnt aged very well has it?

well, after viewing the remake im firmly sticking with the original.

Clunky, no character development, clunky, almost boring for action movie and just felt like scene after scene stitched together with a bit of action inbetween and did i mention, clunky.

Liam Neeson was crap as Zeus, Gemma Arterton while looking stunning as Io was the least wooden of the lot. Sam Worthington should definitely of stayed on Pandora and the rest of the cast pretty much phoned in their entire performances. oh and Julian Bashir turns up for about 2.5 seconds.

the best part of the whole movie was seeing the rather decent Ironman 2 trailer.

utter fail.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ouch. I had high hopes for this, particularly since the screenwriter is going to pen the remake of The Black Hole (Yes, I love that movie and am damn-proud of it! :p ). Perhaps I'll wait for the BD.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
L8wrtr said:
the screenwriter is going to pen the remake of The Black Hole

:oops: :evil: :oops: :evil: :oops:

Black Hole is perfect as it is, they will never get V.I.N.C.E.N.T. & B.O.B. right, damnit i cried when that littl' robot died.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TBN (To Be Netflixed)...

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also isnt "pegasus" spose to be white?

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
Black Hole is perfect as it is, they will never get V.I.N.C.E.N.T. & B.O.B. right, damnit i cried when that littl' robot died.

I actually made a rough edit of TBH that will likely become my next project which should be soon. This movie is as dear to me as Star Wars A New Hope, but as much as I love TBH, act III needs some SERIOUS help.

And yeah, Old Bob dying bothered the hell out of me when I was a kid (ok ok.. it still does :-( )

dork313

Reaction score
Trophy Points
L8wrtr said:
the screenwriter is going to pen the remake of The Black Hole (Yes, I love that movie and am damn-proud of it! :p ).

The Black Hole has the potential to be awesome but it's a 99.99999999% chance it will blow and miss everything that the original had going for it.

On topic: The movie will be a rental for me. A good friend of mine saw it today and he said it was meh.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dork313 said:
The Black Hole has the potential to be awesome but it's a 99.99999999% chance it will blow and miss everything that the original had going for it.

Re-writing the screenplay has always been a dream of mine, and I've had a few ideas on how to stay true to the best parts, and eliminate the worst, but I have to agree, the chances they'll get it right are exceptionally low. My planned FE will have to suffice for me :)

dork313 said:
On topic: The movie will be a rental for me. A good friend of mine saw it today and he said it was meh.

I have to agree. My neighbor came back and gave it a 'meh' as well.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just bought a Blu Ray player this week end along with Clash of The Titan 2010, because in the end I really wanted to see it, no matter the bad reviews.
And it was a wonderful... Blu Ray test.
The movie itself is amazingly boring. It has everything, but still delivers nothing.
Why loose the love interest between Perseus and Andromeda? It was somehow the "heart" of the original and something to keep IMO.
Revenge movies are cool and all, but I need something more to be interested in characters.

Thank the gods I also bought Blade Runner in BD!

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Lucky buggar :x
I still wanna see this one also, time for a trip to the ol' the rental shop.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The remake is a crappy story. If you watch the deleted scenes, you see they had a different story (more arguments between the Gods, Zeus not helping Persues but Apollo helped him, a bit of love story), and then they changed the moviestory while filming. Sam Worthington must really be screwed, first they did this with Terminator Salvation and now they do it again to him with Clash of the Titans.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
TMBTM said:
Lucky buggar :x
I still wanna see this one also, time for a trip to the ol' the rental shop.
You will not regret the rental. Blade Runner was my first BD. It looks excellent, although I am in two minds about the new color timing of The Final Cut. Glad to hear that TMBTM now has a Blu-ray player! :smile:

Who will fanedit Clash of the Titans? I have not seen the deleted scenes. Are they good enough to be added back in?

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Whoops sorry captain, sir, i meant rent clash of the titans (ducks fearfully). I have the old blade runner disc, and the electric unicorn cut (awesomeness), But i definately wouldnt mind seeing the blu-ray of blade runner the screen caps look simply beautiful. Im waiting for the aliens quadrilogy before i upgrade to blu-ray, that and i need to get a projector, 26" tv just doesnt do it for me anymore, when i have a white wall with a good clear ten feet begging for projection.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Captain Khajiit said:
Who will fanedit Clash of the Titans? I have not seen the deleted scenes. Are they good enough to be added back in?

Problem is that they are more or less all without finished special effects.
And the new scenes with the gods are without that "glowing" effect on the picture that all scenes with the gods have in the movie.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Captain Khajiit said:

Problem is that they are more or less all without finished special effects.
And the new scenes with the gods are without that "glowing" effect on the picture that all scenes with the gods have in the movie.
True.

You can watch them on youtube:
"]
That user has posted various deleted scenes. There's also the alternate ending on youtube (also without finished special effects, but it has more about love between Perseus and Andosomething).

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the link. :) TMBTM is right about the effects. It is a shame, as apart from that the quality seems good.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I'm glad i read everyone's opinions on this before watching, as my expectations were lowered significantly :grin:
It wasn't bad, but it also wasn't the awesome film it should have been. I think if it was given an "essential edition" treatment but with deleted/alternate footage put in it would benefit. Is there not a way to put that "glow" around the gods in with vegas or after effects, i figured if one had those tools it wouldn't be that hard.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Well I'm glad i read everyone's opinions on this before watching, as my expectations were lowered significantly :grin:
It wasn't bad, but it also wasn't the awesome film it should have been. I think if it was given an "essential edition" treatment but with deleted/alternate footage put in it would benefit. Is there not a way to put that "glow" around the gods in with vegas or after effects, i figured if one had those tools it wouldn't be that hard.
It's not only the glow that is missing. It's also the floor. The image of earth is way different in the deleted scenes than in the final cut (which has a lot of special effects).

Notice that some deleted scenes do have the glow around the Gods (see Apollo and Athene discussion scene and Apollo talking to Zeus scene).

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
T-HOPE said:
The image of earth is way different in the deleted scenes than in the final cut (which has a lot of special effects).

Wasn't that just a bunch of clouds that were floating above the earth, but not in the deleted scenes, the map of the earth looked pretty much the same except for it didnt have those little clouds, and the lightning here and there, I only watched them the once so far tho.

Top Bottom