• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Clapton and Sheryl Crow little wing edit

tr6

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello,
Little Wing is one of my favorite songs, and i really like the Clapton and Sheryl Crow version, however David Sanborn goes a little excessive.
Could someone make either a video, or even just a audio version without or at least limiting Sanborn?
Or is there some software that one is able to turn down frequencies, like say of the saxophone?
maybe a stupid question, but all i have ever done in editing is remove a good print with foreign language and replace the audio with english language from a bad video copy.
thanks

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welcome to the forum.
that little box above the ForumNav said:
If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

In terma of your questions, you will need to produce it yourself from the version you own, see our Own The Source rules.

I used to edit audio using audacity. It will most likely be difficult to isolate the saxophone unless the particular frequency is not shared with another instrument or vocals. There are many YouTube tutorials for using audacity to edit audio.

Here's a Google search I did that produced said videos.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

tr6

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks
im going to give it a go. i don't need to get rid of all the sax, just his way too extended solo.
Its a Hendrix song, covered by Clapton with Crow.
Should be about the guitar and vocals, not the sax.
I like Sanborn and the sax, but he over did it, and only the big man Clarence Clemons gets to over do the sax.

Im pretty sure i can edit it out, at least for audio, which i would listen to more anyway.
Just nice to also look at Sheryl Crow in the vid now and then!

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you're merely removing sections of time from the audio it could easily be done. Open the file in audacity. Find the part at the END of the section you're cutting (basically where you want to cut to). Split. Align the last part in a second track by the beats so that it goes from where your cutting to where your cutting to, where the section you're removing is kinda playing over the top. Then silence all but maybe a half second of that after the cut point, add a little crossfade... Baby you got a stu goin!

Possibly the worst explanation on how to edit ever. I promise I know how. But I can't explain. I just wanted to make your arrested development reference and for that I won't apologize!

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
If you're merely removing sections of time from the audio it could easily be done. Open the file in audacity. Find the part at the END of the section you're cutting (basically where you want to cut to). Split. Align the last part in a second track by the beats so that it goes from where your cutting to where your cutting to, where the section you're removing is kinda playing over the top. Then silence all but maybe a half second of that after the cut point, add a little crossfade... Baby you got a stu goin!

Possibly the worst explanation on how to edit ever. I promise I know how. But I can't explain. I just wanted to make your arrested development reference and for that I won't apologize!

Yeah if the track was recorded to a click (very common in modern music), you should be able to identify the bpm (beats per minute). Plug that in to something like Audacity or GarageBand and it will make it super simple to snip the portion(s) you wish to remove.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You really wouldn't even need that. You should be able to see where the beats are by looking at the wave form for any decently mastered (ie not brickwalled) recording.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
You really wouldn't even need that. You should be able to see where the beats are by looking at the wave form for any decently mastered (ie not brickwalled) recording.

Yeah you shouldn’t need to, but locking it in to the click would make it precise.

Top Bottom