• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Civil War: Vengeance Has Consumed You

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The transition is noticeable in your first clip, there is an apparent shift in the audio.

Awesome cutting in your second clip, though! :)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
The transition is noticeable in your first clip, there is an apparent shift in the audio.

Awesome cutting in your second clip, though! :)

Yeah, I spotted that just after I posted, the audio is from the same scene, but it was placed just a few seconds before it was due to start up in an attempt to transition and avoid a hard cut, I think I may have fixed it up since then.

Thanks about the second clip

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So a little background on Zemo...the intention of this edit is to show more of his actions than his work behind-the-scenes, to make him look more of a threat. I feel the audience being shown what he got up to took away some of the lingering mystery behind his motivations. I want new audiences to be surprised by the effectiveness of his scheming, so it's best we not subject them to what goes on "behind the curtain"

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Put together a screener copy, but then realized too late I had forgotten to exclude Marisa Tomey's credit as Aunt May no longer appears in the edit.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit currently at 1 hr 57 minutes.

A list of the cuts/changes (I'll add this to the front page)

-Film now opens with Tony talking about the holographic technology
-No romance/flirting between Sharon and Steve
-T'Challa's introduction as a vengeful Black Panther is not foreshadwed. Scene with Natasha after the Vienna bombing cut.
-Alternative introduction to Peter Parker using Spider-Man: Homecoming footage
-No split between Tony and Pepper (there's a very good reason for that)
-More mystery to Zemo and his motivations, we only truly learn the extent of his scheming when the characters do
-New mid-credits scene using Homecoming footage.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just realized I don't need to cut Tomey's credit, because she appears as a still photo of May in the ferri scene, the person I really have to cut from having a credit is Frank Grillo's Crossbones.

I'm presently pondering whether to leave the long-form end credits in since they will include Frank's credit along with everyone elses'

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, on further contemplation, I'm just going to cut the long-form credits. The edit is now 1 hour, 51 minutes.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Continuing to scale back Zemo and his activities so that the audience discovers what he's up to when the characters do

password: fanedit

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wasn't satisfied with what I used to cover the transistions from the crooks unveiling the loot to Spidey snapping into action, so I went back and tried an alternative.

password: fanedit

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, just curious; this edit is NOT a sequel to Winter Soldier, nor an Iron Man 4, but an Avengers-esque ensemble piece now?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
More or less, there's still elements that tie it to Winter Soldier though, it's just not as focused on Steve and Barnes' situation, and the edit begins and ends with Stark.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit's finished, but I'm combing over it once again just to see if I missed anything. I plan to release it over Easter weekend.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is now on ifdb. Thread moved.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A few days ago, I received a PM from @"darksteel1335"  telling me some of the files for my .rar files for the edit was corrupted, however I also received an edit from someone who managed to download the files with no problem. I also downloaded the files with no issue,.

If anyone who has requested the edit had similar problems, please contact me

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Two more people have notified me of varied results with the available edit...one said they can't open the RAR files, but another said they had a problem initially with auto extraction, but a manual extraction worked and they were able to download it.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, for anyone who wishes to request this in future...Use WinRAR manually to open the files

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit is now up on google drive.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"Canon Editor" , clear out your PM box

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’ve tried many times but I don’t know why I don’t seem to manage from my smartphone (it doesn’t let me select the folders).  Is there any chance an admin could do it for me?  @"TM2YC"

Top Bottom