• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Chronological Back to the Future by Marty McSuperFly

g1orkatsos said:
How old Biff manage to get back to the real 2015 while re-writing history in 1955 at the same time?
Playing devil's advocate:
Because at the end of Part 3 everything is more or less the same as by the end of a part 1. So Marty and Doc not only saved the "real" 1985 but also the 2015 future we see in part 2.
In other words: Biff returning to the actual 2015 could be taken as a big spoiler that he will fail in the end. lol.
(even if I don't think the makers of the movies really thought about all of those things...)

Just wondering if you planned on cutting doc browns perverted kid?

Also, the way Time Bastard works in BTTF (Time Bastard being a theory that when one makes a change in one's past, then goes to the present, one finds a different version of one's self, and one has become a Time Bastard, a traveler who has lost their "parent" timeline), it takes some a little while for the changes to have an effect. Keep in mind how long Marty was able to stick around in 1955 after erasing himself. His family and life faded away, yes, but it took so long that he was able to fix the problem before he was completely gone.

So, naturally, Biff would have to follow the same rules. By BTTF logic, Old Biff would probably show up in the "same" 2015, then experience the world around him fading away.

Another idea, based on Marty's alternate 1985 experience, is that he DID show up in an alternate 2015, but we don't see THAT 2015, we see the one that has already been restored. Once restored, Biff in alt2015 would disappear and reappear in fixed2015.

I know both of these ideas have logic holes, but that's not my fault! I didn't make the movie :p

Yeah, old Biff returning to the "real" 2015 makes no sense, although it could be assumed that, in the 30 years since "Hell Valley", things have returned pretty much to normal.

Maybe, similar to Doc's explanation regarding Jennifer, things were "instantly transforming" around Doc and Marty.

It doesn't explain Doc and Marty's presence in 2015, though, since part 1 established that time-travelers are affected by changes to their own history (Marty nearly being erased).

addiesin said:
it takes some a little while for the changes to have an effect. Keep in mind how long Marty was able to stick around in 1955 after erasing himself. His family and life faded away, yes, but it took so long that he was able to fix the problem before he was completely gone.

It's just that Marty's chance of success gets thinner and thinner. That's why his family is vanishing slowly on the picture.

addiesin said:
Another idea, based on Marty's alternate 1985 experience, is that he DID show up in an alternate 2015, but we don't see THAT 2015, we see the one that has already been restored. Once restored, Biff in alt2015 would disappear and reappear in fixed2015.

That fits with this deleted bit:

"Biff fades out of 2015 after stumbling out of the DeLorean and behind some trash cans"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096874/trivia?tab=tr&item=tr0756997

Either way, it fits and it would have been a nice touch.

Wanted to update my review a little bit:

Presentation: 10/10

The 2-disc DVD is great. You can either play the movie straight through or select which year you want to watch. Nicely done. And there's a cool little easter egg as well.

The only disadvantage of the DVD is the picture quality is not as good as the MKV version.

Neglify said:
Wanted to update my review a little bit:

Presentation: 10/10

The 2-disc DVD is great. You can either play the movie straight through or select which year you want to watch. Nicely done. And there's a cool little easter egg as well.

Which years are on which discs?

Neglify said:
The only disadvantage of the DVD is the picture quality is not as good as the MKV version.

Oh? Why's that?

Mark Moore said:
Which years are on which discs?

Disc 1 is 1885 and 1955. Disc 2 is 1985, Alternate 1985 and then 2015.

Mark Moore said:
Oh? Why's that?

Disc 1 is almost 3 1/2 hours (1955 is a long segment). And even on a dual layer disc it's not going to look at good as it is on the MKV. Disc 2 is 2 hours and the video quality is pretty good on that disc (from what I scanned through).

The DVDs are about 11 GBs. The MKV is 14 GB. With the MKV you can't choose the years, but the picture is much better.

Thank you everyone for all your great feedback and interest!!!
I have seriously been questioning whether this fanedit was really just a bad idea because it didn't seem to have any legs to stand on. but you are all great!

Addi, thank you for the great praise; and maybe I'm sure I'll say the same thing about your edit...
Neg, thank you for all the backup you've given me for the versions, and taking the time to review them and everything! you're the man, S!
The man behind the mask... whoa, you commented on my stuff?! I'm like star struck.
G1-orka, i love all your ideas and theories.
L8, thank you for dealing with all my version uploads, and for starting the post and getting me up and going!
Ovie, thank you for my first review!

I really want to check this edit out but unfortunately ALL links are down for MKV, AVCHD, and NTSC. :-(

AVCHD links show up fine for me downloading now.

I take that back I downloaded all parts but part 2 keeps coming back corrupt when trying to extract.

Edit:

I redownloaded part 2 three times still say's its corrupt when unraring with winrar.

Please check part 2. I would love to watch this but hate to have wasted almost 6 gig's of bandwith. I hope just part 2 can be fixed.

let me check out the AVCHD part 2 file. L8 just updated all the links for me on wednesday, so everything should be live.

Kane, i'll message you the link i have for this file, and we can correspond to find out what the problem is.

thanks for making this FanEdit, i have been in the mood to watch any, and all of the "Back to the Future" films. being a chronological edit is even better, so a big thanks to you on that!! i downloaded the NTSC version, and downloaded successfully, but with one problem. i noticed in the jDownloader it wasn't extracting the film. so i kept digging for a solution, and noticed that file #27 out of the 65 files was missing. is there anyway to get the link to just file #27? i would be able to extract then. if not it's not a big deal, i can download the MKV. forgive me for not going back into this thread and reading, but i was curious to what kind/ how many dvds it burns to, such as 3 DVD5's or DVD9's? just a wonder. very much looking forward to your FanEdit!!!

scrapesky said:
i noticed in the jDownloader it wasn't extracting the film. so i kept digging for a solution, and noticed that file #27 out of the 65 files was missing. is there anyway to get the link to just file #27? i would be able to extract then. if not it's not a big deal, i can download the MKV. forgive me for not going back into this thread and reading, but i was curious to what kind/ how many dvds it burns to, such as 3 DVD5's or DVD9's?

hiya Sky Scraper... private message me, and i'll look into the links. the dvd set comes in two dual layer dvd's.
looks like Syfo Dyas had a similar problem; i've tried to private message you, but no response. send me one, and i'll look into it.

Back
Top Bottom