• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Christopher Reeve Superman Material

keithbk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is just a general inquiry to the board about the existence of the most comprehensive collection of Superman material from the Christopher Reeve Superman movies...

I know there have been numerous DVD and Blu-Ray releases, but I'm having trouble tracking down which releases have the most comprehensive collection of scenes in the highest quality.

Also, with the "deleted scenes," have they been upscaled for highest quality in the latest Blu-Ray releases? Is there still a large portion of material missing from said releases?

I know with all the interest in Superman fanedits, there must be several here on the board who are collectors who have sought to obtain all known material. Anyone know if the 4K Ultra Superman contained more (or less) than the prior Blu Ray release?

I'd like to see the original workprint of Superman IV get released, not to mention the extended television cut of Superman III has yet to be seen in full HD.

And Superman II could use another touch-up.

The 2011 Superman Anthology boxset is pretty much the one to get, with just about everything included in there. Deleted scenes for all 5 films, and the Expanded Cut of SM1 and the Donner Cut of SM2.

However, none of the deleted scenes are upscaled and they remain at half decent SD.

The 3hr Cut of the first film is included in a seperate Blu-Ray that released in 2017, which has more pretty much everything shot for that first film, so it's the most "complete" version of the film. To my knowledge though, there is only one scene missing, which is in the original TV cut, but it's something like 15 seconds and nothing major.

There are also a few moments from the original TV cuts of SM2 that aren't in the Donner Cut or deleted scenes on the Blu-Ray, but they can all be seen in the fanedit "Restored International Cut".

3, 4 and Returns, I'm not so knowledgable on, so I couldn't tell you about anything missing or not included, but I think the Anthology set is comprehensive.

Back
Top Bottom