• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - Thoroughbred Cut

ParanoidAndroid

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A film that encouraged my fascination with cars, engineering and science in general as a child, yet I have distinct memories of boredom during the "Lovely, Lonely Man" song halfway in; when our VHS copy was replaced by a fullscreen DVD (did not know until fairly recently that it was filmed in 65 mm and had always before missed out on 40% of the image) this section became frequently skipped. It seems that the producers of the stage musical (which I had the good fortune to see during its original London run) agreed with me, since that number is the only one not carried over.

The edit is very simple, took the rip of 50th anniversary blu-ray then: cut out the aforementioned song and associated scenes immediately preceding it; removed the "Entre Acte" and repeated shots of Chitty going over the cliff; slightly boosted colour saturation throughout, found the transfer a bit dull for such a fantastical story and started feeling a little like Conductor 71. Total runtime is reduced from 146 to 138 minutes, long enough for the fastest of the real Chitty cars to theoretically travel a distance of 393 miles!

Back
Top Bottom