• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Child's Play (1988): The Don Mancini Cut

I agree. You did nothing. How could you accept this award? Please pass it on to a more deserving recipient...

Seriously? Any edit like yours or Wraith's Split Unbreakable Glass that can take material that I do not like and make me love an edited version...my hat is off (or would be if I wore one)!

Thank you! But I mean that technically, Halloween Returns is a more skillful and polished edit than mine. I lack the knowledge to achieve those FX shots.

I agree with you it is an amazing edit. The scariest Halloween that I've seen since the first time I saw the first one.

Thank you! But I mean that technically, Halloween Returns is a more skillful and polished edit than mine. I lack the knowledge to achieve those FX shots.
Your edit was easily one of my favorite edits I’ve ever seen. It’s amazing what some people can do with FX shots (definitely out of my wheelhouse) but it’s obviously not always necessary. What you did to change this movie narratively was outstanding and made for a completely unique viewing experience. It’s one of those fanedits that make you think it should’ve been done that way in the first place. Glad to see you won. It was very deserved.

Your edit was easily one of my favorite edits I’ve ever seen. It’s amazing what some people can do with FX shots (definitely out of my wheelhouse) but it’s obviously not always necessary. What you did to change this movie narratively was outstanding and made for a completely unique viewing experience. It’s one of those fanedits that make you think it should’ve been done that way in the first place. Glad to see you won. It was very deserved.
Couldn't agree more with this. A truly special edit for me... it will easily be my go to version in the future. Very well deserved DF!

A big thanks to @gamekill for the great review! Glad to see you find this to be so much of an improvement. I do think that this structure was definitely the one it should have had from the start. Keep us guessing instead of spoonfeeding all the info at the start.

Do you plan on editing any of the sequels?
Not really. This is a rare case of a long-running slasher franchise from which I am actually pretty happy with all of the sequels. Some are better than others, sure, but no Halloween Resurrection or Freddy's Dead type stuff here. And after the first one, with or without my restructuring, the cat (Chucky being alive) is out of the bag for good so making them more ambiguous wouldn't work. However, I'd love to see more Chucky edits from other editors and enjoy any fresh spins on the material that people can come up with.

Thanks a lot @Urban Monitor for the great review! I did place the flashback where I felt it made mode sense. I would have liked to salvage more of it (Charles Lee Ray bleeding to death down the aisles and all that) but the original credits made it impossible. Still, glad you enjoyed!

Thanks a lot @Vec for the short and sweet review! Glad you liked it!

Reactions: Vec
Thanks a lot @Urban Monitor for the great review! I did place the flashback where I felt it made mode sense. I would have liked to salvage more of it (Charles Lee Ray bleeding to death down the aisles and all that) but the original credits made it impossible. Still, glad you enjoyed!

You´re welcome! It was a pleasure! Concerning the flashback I had an idea after watching it. I know everything is finished but I think you should have a look just for fun. I sent you a PM!

Oh man, Child's Play is one of my favorite movies, and really series. The recent show revitalized that.
Your edit sounds like the perfect solution to something I've always wanted for this film.
The one doing the killing should have been far more ambiguous than the finished product made it.
The reveal means so much more when it's everyone finding out, not just Andy's mom. It's perfect.
Furthermore, I think the reveal should have been fiercely protected at the time.
Like, if I'm marketing this film today, I'm not even alluding to the doll, not even in the poster.

Last edited:
Guess it was a very 80s approach. Charismatic slasher killers were trendy and I guess they put the doll front and center of the ads because the message was "We have the next Jason/Freddy/Michael". If the movie had been done in the 70s, the ads would be closer to your approach (and the editing closer to my cut), methinks.

Guess it was a very 80s approach. Charismatic slasher killers were trendy and I guess they put the doll front and center of the ads because the message was "We have the next Jason/Freddy/Michael". If the movie had been done in the 70s, the ads would be closer to your approach (and the editing closer to my cut), methinks.
True, the influence of the slasher era can't be overstated.
Still, it was so unexpected how popular and long-lasting this series would become.
I fully understand why people still think the concept of a killer doll is hokey and silly.

Okay, I've made a couple very slight tweaks to this and replaced the file. Mostly because in the original upload I neglected to add thank you credits, so I've fixed that so now @robulon , @blueyoda (both of whom provided very valuable feedback), and @ArtisDead (for the amazing poster art) get more than well-deserved shout-outs at the bottom of the end credits:

CPMCend.jpg

Additionally, as per Blueyoda's advice, I've made the black and white sequence slightly darker/more contrasted.

Old version:

v1.png

New version:

v2.png

Also added Spanish subtitles in addition to the English ones, and did a slightly better encode (Handbrake instead of direct Vegas encode). Other than that, it's the exact same edit.

For those who wish to upgrade, the old links should still work, or otherwise feel free to PM me.

Thank you for the shout out @Dwight Fry. Totally unnecessary of course, was just glad to have helped out a little bit. But much appreciated none the less!

Back
Top Bottom