• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Cheech and Chong TV versions...

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WyndorfDave said:
I am surprised at you Neglify! Nothing they did (outside of Corsican Brothers) was terrible. Next Movie always gets a bad rap but I think it has held up over time.

That, I'm afraid, is an opinion shared by a very small number of people.

As far as cinematic history is concerned Up in Smoke is the only film C&C will ever be remembered for.

WyndorfDave

Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
That, I'm afraid, is an opinion shared by a very small number of people.

Perhaps that just makes me a die-hard fan then. Oh well, I can easily accept that. :)
I suppose most people from the Y generation wouldn't even know C&C made comedy ALBUMS before films. They had to make natural progression in any media. I think most people just see Up In Smoke with "nostalgic glasses". Or something like that. lol:p

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm a die hard fan I have every movie they ever made and all the albums, it's just that apart from UiS the movies really aren't very good.

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
I'm a die hard fan I have every movie they ever made and all the albums, it's just that apart from UiS the movies really aren't very good.

Even the corsican brothers? o_O

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Afraid so, I dislike CC more than the last 20-30 minutes of Yellowbeard which is another movie on both my top ten and bottom ten lists. First two acts; genius. Third act: Hmmm, wtf happened to the script and/or the edit?

I suppose calling myself a fan is actually rather odd since I don't care for a lot of their movie output although the stuff I do like I really like.

Like I have said above, there are some very funny bits in the other movies they just aren't as consistently funny or well thought out as UiS.

WyndorfDave

Regarding the TV edits, whether I liked the original movies or not is irrelevant to whether you want have a bash at them and to be honest if there really is as much deleted footage as you say there is you might tempt me into watching an edit just to see what its like and how half assed a job the TV editors made doing it.

A C&C Project I would be interested in seeing though, if its even possible, would be to take all the 'stoner' movies bar UiS and cut them up and try and create a story out of the good stuff or at least just do a greatest hits mix tape.

Top Bottom