• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Cheech and Chong TV versions...

TheLazenby

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone ever attempted to preserve the TV edits of "Cheech and Chong's Next Movie" and "Born In East L.A."?

"Born In East L.A." is a dramatically different cut of the movie, running only a few minutes longer than the theatrical cut but containing a half hour's worth of deleted scenes; "Next Movie" drastically changes the film to delete any drug references, and makes Cheech's cousin Red into a diamond smuggler.

I'd love to see both of these! :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just for the record "Born In East L.A." isn't a Cheech & Chong movie.

TheLazenby

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, but it's always considered part of the series - probably just for the fact that it's based on something C&C put out. (For that reason, this is the only Cheech Marin movie that gets lumped with the series.)

Besides - it was easier to make one thread instead of two.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just for the record, "Next Movie" is terrible.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:

wrong.jpg

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just for the record they're all awful apart from Up in Smoke.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I kinda dug it when I was 14 but having watched them all in the last year or so the only one that really stands the test of time is Up In Smoke.

Granted there are some funny moments, like the weed cafe in Amsterdam which is hilarious, but overall it was a confused mess which by the time you get to the last 20 minutes of concert footage you're almost cringing waiting for it to be over.

Things Are Tough All Over and Next Movie both have their moments but ultimately suffer from the same inconsistencies as Still Smoking. The rest IMO should be avoided like the plague.

The last decent Cheech/Chong related thing I saw was the documentary AKA Tommy Chong about his arrest and incarceration for giving his name to a hash pipe manufacturer.

That was excellent and proved that Tommy is still a very funny man indeed and that Cheech has not been funny for a long time.

:(

Just my 2 pence

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't seen any of their movies since I was in high school, which was at least 15 years ago. I could have sworn that they released a new live-action, straight-to-DVD movie, movie within the last couple of years, but the most recent thing popping up on the IMDB is "Cheech & Chong's Animated Movie", which is listed as being in post-production.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340803/

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I've been following that for a while now, still got me fingers crossed it'll be good.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
At this point it can't help but feel like a reboot, although the animation aspect is a bit interesting.

TheLazenby

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's a trailer for "Animated Movie"..... it's basically well-worn material like "Dave's not here" in Flash form. That's it.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TheLazenby said:
There's a trailer for "Animated Movie"..... it's basically well-worn material like "Dave's not here" in Flash form. That's it.

That doesn't sound too promising. :(

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh man, that trailer sucks a huge bag of dicks.

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No. Just.......just no. Looks like something that should be on Cartoon Network. Plus, where's the laughs? That didn't make me chuckle once.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JetSetWilly said:
No. Just.......just no. Looks like something that should be on Cartoon Network. Plus, where's the laughs? That didn't make me chuckle once.

+1 They must still be smoking if they think this looks good/funny.

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That animation might have been acceptable for The Clone Wars, which was a good few years ago, but now? No.

MathUser

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I see someone started a thread for this already, and it got derailed into a thread about their latest movie. Anyway, there are deleted and newly filmed scenes in it. The bag of weed is replaced with a bag of diamonds. It even shows Cheech and Chong inside the spaceship.

WyndorfDave

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am surprised at you Neglify! Nothing they did (outside of Corsican Brothers) was terrible. Next Movie always gets a bad rap but I think it has held up over time. I have honestly wondered if a fanedit could be made of their films, starting with Up In Smoke and ending with Things Are Tough All Over. Sort of a "best of" clips and scenes.
Neglify said:

Top Bottom