• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Fan Edit Of The Year (FEOTY) 2021: and the WINNERS are...! here Congratulations!

Chapter editor with video?

krausfadr

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is anyone aware of software specifically to make chapters but one that lets you designate the start/end times by selecting the frame in a video?

M4_

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You could change your timeline settings to show audio time units (milliseconds) and then copy paste the exact time stamp into your chapter editor program

krausfadr

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah I just wish NLE’s could make the chapter file.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The only chapter editor I've seen is in Handbrake (I haven't looked deep into the subject, though). Unfortunately if that's all you used Handbrake for you'd have to demux the chapters file out and remux it into your "master" video render.

Sounds annoying to do, but if there's no other way you find, at least it should give the results you want. Just not conveniently.

Edit: I do think some NLEs let you add flags or markers in the timeline and during export you can choose to set those as chapter points, but again, haven't looked into it deeply.

TK-421

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In Davinci Resolve, you can add marker points to your video, then export these markers as chapter points when you render.

TK-421

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In Davinci Resolve, you can add marker points to your video, then export these markers as chapter points when you render.
Yeah, and you can choose which colour of marker points to use for the chapters, so you can still use other colour(s) of markers for other purposes.

Top Bottom