• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Changing audio track without re-authoring

ReverendBeastly

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll just quote from my friend's email:

hey- do you have any idea how to replace a dvd's audio track without re-authoring? A few years ago I made a dvd of the 2 a couple vhs's and it's mostly perfect except I later noticed, after deleting all the files of course, that for some lame reason the audio only recorded on the left! Both of those videos have pretty crappy sound to begin with so I was thinking to just rip the audio and double the left side onto both channels.

I think I've heard this is possible with ReJig or DVD Rebuilder or DVD Remake or something, but it's all very vague. I'm sure someone here has a quick solution?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zeppelinrox can probably do it with dvd rebuilder.
I would use vobblanker.
Extract the DVD with pgcdemux (including chapter stops if there are any).
Alter your audio and save it int he same format (wav, mp2 or ac-3).
Create a movie only DVD with muxman or dvdlab pro (include the chapters).
Launch vobblanker and replace the movie with the new one.
done.

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
Zeppelinrox can probably do it with dvd rebuilder.
I would use vobblanker.
Extract the DVD with pgcdemux (including chapter stops if there are any).
Alter your audio and save it int he same format (wav, mp2 or ac-3).
Create a movie only DVD with muxman or dvdlab pro (include the chapters).
Launch vobblanker and replace the movie with the new one.
done.
heh.
Actually, the way I did it is in this guide viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7266
Only Phase 1 would apply in this case so DVD Rebuilder wouldn't come into play ;)

Basically, I would save the chapters with IfoEdit, demux and encode audio with MeGUI, and ReMux/Author new DVD with IfoEdit.

Once you know the settings, it's really fast, easy and free :)

If there are no menus, that's all there is to it.

If there are menus, then you continue in the guide with the step to correct IFOs with IFOUpdate.
Then the original .vob files in the original VIDEO_TS folder need to replaced by the new .vob files.

Top Bottom