• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

change aspect ratio in vegas

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
so you want to matte some of the video away?

YourMamaVideo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i'm redoing resident evil 1 & 2
part 1 is 1.85:1 and part 2 is 2.40:1
so i'm not real sure what i need to do

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well.... on the actual timeline... you need to go to the part 1 section and click on the upper icon on the right end of the clip.... looks like a square with a stick going from upper left to lower right..... that will bring up a box, which will let you matte the frame in any way you want. what you can do is grab the little square that's at the top/middle of the frame and pull it down... that will narrow the frame. you might want to have the clip overlap/fade over the part 2 section while you're doing this... so you know where exactly to matte it to.

YourMamaVideo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i can't get it to match up in 2.40:1
do you think it would look bad in 1.85:1

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the easier way is to zoom the 2.40:1 to 1.85:1
Can be done with virtualdub mpeg-2
then you can edit both movies in Womble.

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you can do the same thing in vegas..... you'd have to open the same box you did before... and change the size of the box, basically make it less wide. i'll try to give you some more specific instructions later tonight or this weekend. later.

Top Bottom