• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Cats Don't Dance OAR Preservation.

robbievaliant

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Directorial debut of Mark Dindal (Emperor's New Groove), love letter to the golden age of Hollywood, with great songs by Randy Newman. Has only seen widescreen release as a laserdisc and in Germany and Spain's DVDs. I'd love to see the full picture, as someone who only caught this movie on video. I'm on the verge of using the dough to get a cheap Laserdisc player, the disc, and one of those VCR -> Computer programs and doing this myself.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
it was released in germany and spain on DVD in original OAR??? why not just order one of those DVDs, and make a custom DVD with the English audio? it will save you a lot of time and be better quality...

robbievaliant

Reaction score
Trophy Points
joebshmoe said:
a quick browse looks like they are pan and scan...
According to Wikipedia: "In July 2008, Cats Don't Dance was released on DVD in widescreen in Germany, Spain, and the Benelux countries." However, my comp's just about out of Region changes and shipping combined with the weak dollar would probably make it more $$$ than the LD.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If the DVD is already available in widescreen then this wouldn't be a preservation. Also instead of continuously changing your computer's region setting just set it to 0. That way you can play any DVD you want and not have to worry about changing it back. Many standalone players are also hackable. Just type in your model number at http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks and if there's any way to change the region setting on your standalone you'll find it there.

Top Bottom