• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Captain Planet & The Planeteers: A Love Story

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
love-story-cover-1.png

I decided to do a little fun A.I-assisted follow up my last Captain Planet edit by adding or 'altering' scenes from various episodes to give the show something of a classic TV trope: The hero and the baddie having a flirtatious love/hate relationship. Since one for Doctor Blight and Planet didn't exist in the show, I had to make it up myself!

An example of 'altering' a scene is included here (Deadly Ransom)

An example of 'adding' a scene can be found here (The Conqueror)

I still don't know how many episodes of the show I'll edit for now, right now I've only done two, both from the first season ("Deadly Ransom" and "The Conqueror" again), I also know Blight ends up with a daughter in the future by watching later seasons, though she's still a villain by the time she's in her teens!

Last edited:
Working a little on "Mission to Save Earth Part 1" (the original version, not the edit I have available on IFDB which only took the title), and added this brief scene revealing blight kept the truth about the hate ring a secret, and that she opted for an altogether more toxic dig on the "Heart" motif altogether to reflect her love for Captain Planet, and that she is happy he can't be summoned, as she believes Pollution would have killed him

This morning I concluded my re-edit of "Mission To Save Earth", I altered the dialouge of two Blight scenes and the clip I share here is a follow-up to the 'Lust' angle

I was thinking of doing six episodes in total, the other two were going to be "Greenhouse Planet" and "Heat Wave" but maybe I'll save those for another project. Four it is... "Deadly Ransom", "The Conqueror", and "Mission to Save Earth 1 and 2"

And that's it, we're done

Here's the cut list, since I've yet to add one (and just did so for the IFDB entry)

-Altered dialogue between Blight and Planet while Planet lays on the operating table in "Deadly Ransom"
-Added entirely original scenes with Blight and MAL after Planet is captured and then later freed from "The Conqueror"
-Added a scene between Blight and MAL revealing the true nature of the Hate power is that of Lust from "Mission To Save Earth Part One"
-Cut some shots of Blight and MAL from "Mission to Save Earth Part One" to avoid repeated shots when the altered scene plays
-Altered Blight's threat to the Planeteers in "Mission to Save Earth Part Two", and later altered dialouge towards the end just after Pollution's rings are destroyed.
-Altered dialogue for Captain Planet just before Pollution retreats back to the rings towards the end of the episode to indicate the reason for Pollution's destruction is tied to Blight's capacity for love.

Back
Top Bottom