• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Captain Marvel : Where's the Love

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm glad you enjoy it, but please try to measure your feedback, I'm only human and I make many mistakes. I want to hear any negative feedback too, I don't wish to feel overwhelmed or get a twisted ego. ^^;

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm glad you enjoy it, but please try to measure your feedback, I'm only human and I make many mistakes. I want to hear any negative feedback too, I don't wish to feel overwhelmed or get a twisted ego. ^^;
I would be transparent. I would just be very nice about it. I'm not overly critical of the technical aspects.. too many others already wear that mantle. But I would point out a glaring problem. My thing is narrative structure and flow.

stferguson78

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought this was a great edit which for me made for a much more enjoyable watch- so I’d say mission accomplished. There is the inevitable (minor) drop in quality with the deleted scenes but it’s barely noticeable and the trade off for the overall narrative improvement is well worth it. There was some glitching with the first post credit scene on my version, but I don’t know if that was unique to the way I downloaded or extracted the files

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
no, it's not you, it's there on my final version to. drats. an update to my software threw out every single edit point and I thought I'd caught them all but evidently not! drats!!! well it shouldn't be too big of a fix. although it will take time to render out, but it wil be updated on drive when I'm done so if you want to redownload, it should be done by tonight. I'll edit this post then.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought this was a great edit which for me made for a much more enjoyable watch- so I’d say mission accomplished. There is the inevitable (minor) drop in quality with the deleted scenes but it’s barely noticeable and the trade off for the overall narrative improvement is well worth it. There was some glitching with the first post credit scene on my version, but I don’t know if that was unique to the way I downloaded or extracted the files
I did notice the slight quality drop in a couple of places but they didn't take me out of enjoying the edit. Thosr are almost a given with extended editions. Did not notice the glitches post credit. But I'm not sure that I watchedvthat far. All things considered its an excellent first edit!

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
okay, fixed version is uploaded. same links as before, just updated files. sorry about that. just 2 frames out of the entire movie XD

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've had some lovely feedback from you all, if you get chance, it would be awesome if you could copy some of your comments into a review in the database :)

edrew0607

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Still don't really like the scene where she taunts Ronan and he runs away like a coward. It doesn't fit the character when you compare it to how he was presented in GOTG. In fact, I wish he wasn't even in the movie. Also, the scene in which she destroys the entire Kree Fleet still feels too OP for me.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ @edrew0607 do you have some idea for how to edit the movie to make sense without those? Or are you just complaining about the movie?

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think those are fair complaints to be honest, I can understand that for sure. I personally can't imagine any way to make the movie work without that looming threat, it would make for a very different feeling movie. It's nice to see more takes on this movie though.

Móralltach

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interesting project. I own this movie because I buy every MCU movie (a practice I started early on to collect them all), but I have still yet to watch this one.
I'm wondering what my feelings of the character would be if I actually started with your edit.
I know a lot of people don't like her character or this movie, so my backlog is such that I've put seeing it on a low priority.
It's rare that my perceptions of a character can be influenced by a fan edit, so what do you think?

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interesting project. I own this movie because I buy every MCU movie (a practice I started early on to collect them all), but I have still yet to watch this one.
I'm wondering what my feelings of the character would be if I actually started with your edit.
I know a lot of people don't like her character or this movie, so my backlog is such that I've put seeing it on a low priority.
It's rare that my perceptions of a character can be influenced by a fan edit, so what do you think?
That is truly fascinating situation!
It's really hard to say, but most feedback I've gotten seems to suggest I succeeded in fixing the character for those who had an issue with her.
I would certainly love to hear back from anyone who doesn't feel I fixed her character. I think it's difficult to get that kind of feedback though, people don't want to cause upset.

If you did decide to watch, it would be so interesting to see how it comes across to someone with fresh pair of eyes.
it would be the ultimate test because anyone who's already seen the original will have foreknowledge so any continuity errors would not be picked up so easily.

edited again: because my words don't make sense right now

Last edited:

Móralltach

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That is truly fascinating! Honestly, I am hardly the person to ask because I'm going to be biased about my work. I would say judging on reviews, and by how many requested but didn't review, there is a chance my edit would give you a pleasant experience, but I want to guess there must be at least 25% of people who don't like what I did....
I have zero actual evidence to back that up, and any who didn't like... may just not like the movie full stop. I didn't exactly transform the entire movie structure, the structure is mostly intact, it's more about the nuance of the characters.
My intent was certainly purely focused on making Carol likeable by removing more offensive moments and allowing her to connect with the other characters.

I meddled with bits and pieces, but if it turns out you hate the structure and pacing of it, I didn't do anything to that. ^^;

edit: tried to be more on point.
My understanding of the character from others is that she is über powerful - but also standoffish and arrogant.
Probably the worst combination a protagonist can be is too strong and hard to root for.
If your edit humanizes her more then I think it could be worthwhile and I look forward to that being my first impression of her.

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My understanding of the character from others is that she is über powerful - but also standoffish and arrogant.
Probably the worst combination a protagonist can be is too strong and hard to root for.
If your edit humanizes her more then I think it could be worthwhile and I look forward to that being my first impression of her.
sorry, I edited my post ^^;
I'll try not to edit this one.

so, the thing about her being super powerful, I did not change. the reason is, I felt that those abilities are well established and she is supposed to be a powerhouse in the comics and cartoons. The way I changed it though, was to show that her powers are brought out by her emotions rather than arrogance. I took efforts to remove any comments or remarks that seemed nasty or derisory. I figured it made more sense, since the kree kept telling her to keep her emotions under control, but meeting Fury and reconnecting with Maria and Monica would surely raise her emotional state. it made more sense to me....

Top Bottom