• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Captain Marvel : Where's the Love

VERsingthegamez

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't really know US phone systems, but apparently that lady that was talking when the phone got cut off, she shouldn't be able to interfere with the kree communications technology that carol set up.
Thats more of a dial tone thing. That voice is heard kind of like this part from bvs,
Go to 2:45 and you will hear her. I mean personally that audio distortion does work as well and I can agree and follow that persons point of view. So I think its a welcome addition.

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you all for your feedback, you guys have been incredibly helpful.
There are still a couple who I was still waiting on, but I think it's okay at this point, so no worries :)
I'm happy to say I have a final version! At least it is a version I am happy with, and happy to submit to the site to go on the database :D

Changes for this final version are mostly audio issues. I have also turned the 'ma bell' into funky interference. I have trimmed a bit from the train ride where yon-rogg repeats some stuff that was in the teaching scene. I've done a bit of colour grading in the added deleted scene on the ship before the mission to torfa, to make that window behind yon-rogg less weird, and I graded the yon-rogg supreme intelligence scene to add a bit of tension.

This final version will also have embedded english subtitles and will be mkv format.

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks to Zarius for working with me on the cover for this project ^^
nzH9raX.jpg

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you can't burn on a commercial DVD or bluray. you would need a writeable or a rewriteable disc.
although, I never authored a bluray so I could be wrong... but I can't imagine it would be any different from DVD.
you'd need a bluray writing drive, I don't know what the availability is or how much more they cost than a normal drive. if you have one, it should come with software to author a watchable disc with a basic menu or not.

I'm just noticing you didn't say bluray... but it's the norm now, right?

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's always the way isn't it. did a speed watch just now and not happy 100% with many parts.... also thinking to myself, i'd love to slightly alter yon Rogg's uniform to make him more unique.... but there has to be a point where 'good enough', is good enough.
I suppose at some point in the future, I could come back to it...
but for now I'm looking at a final movie that I am settled on.
now I need to figure out how to submit to the site.

I guess maybe I want a bit of a rest too. I don't have to submit right away. I've worked pretty hard after all. I can give it a few days.
k42q6uuwd1421.jpg

y'all feel free to hit me up for a copy of the finished edit :)

Last edited:

VERsingthegamez

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's always the way isn't it. did a speed watch just now and not happy 100% with many parts.... also thinking to myself, i'd love to slightly alter yon Rogg's uniform to make him more unique.... but there has to be a point where 'good enough', is good enough.
I suppose at some point in the future, I could come back to it...
but for now I'm looking at a final movie that I am settled on.
now I need to figure out how to submit to the site.

I guess maybe I want a bit of a rest too. I don't have to submit right away. I've worked pretty hard after all. I can give it a few days.
k42q6uuwd1421.jpg

y'all feel free to hit me up for a copy of the finished edit :)
Yes feel free to get some rest. The copy you have made so far is already better than the original raising my score of the film from a 2/10 to a solid 7/10. Feel free to revisit and implement any future changes you may want but i think what we have now is good!

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
While we're waiting for the final version....
I think people on this thread may find this funny, as it addresses many of the points discussed here and really nails them. Enjoy!

VERsingthegamez

Reaction score
Trophy Points
While we're waiting for the final version....
I think people on this thread may find this funny, as it addresses many of the points discussed here and really nails them. Enjoy!
There is a final version its just this fanedit is not officially posted for what ever reason yet. PM her and she can give it to you.

soulfoodaddy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
it's a shame this still hasn't been approved yet 😞 definitely better than the original in my opinion.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@tremault Maybe you want to shoot a message to the person you submitted it to? A different editor was messaging me recently and asked if I knew why an edit might take so long to get approved... I suggested they ask the Academy member and it turned out they had literally just forgotten about it and never watched it. It got approved days later.
Movie GIF

VERsingthegamez

Reaction score
Trophy Points
@tremault Maybe you want to shoot a message to the person you submitted it to? A different editor was messaging me recently and asked if I knew why an edit might take so long to get approved... I suggested they ask the Academy member and it turned out they had literally just forgotten about it and never watched it. It got approved days later.
Movie GIF
So was this now approved?

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Sorry if that was confusing. A different editor asked me about a different edit (theirs). That one is now approved.

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks guys, I did send an email just now.

It's so nice to have your support 😊

Top Bottom