• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Captain Marvel : Where's the Love

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any updates on it getting listed?
good news :)
I'm working with somebody now on making some fixes and adjustments to get it ready for acceptance.
I've been doing a bit of regrading the last few days as some bits were noted to be maybe a bit too noticeable to hte point of breaking immersion. it was a recommendation, not a necessity, but I agree with many of the observations. I've worked on introducing colour into some of the less saturated parts of the movie, but limiting the added saturation to blue/green tones. I'm of two minds because to me, it loses the dreary feel, which I did appreciate, but on the other hand it should have a more subtle effect to make the movie more palettable for a wider array of viewers. Since the colour maintains a colder feel and also accentuates the kree uniforms, i could be more effective in some ways.
I also added some minor effects to memory sequences; a vignette and a prism blur that dissipates as Carol's memories become clearer.

It was also suggested that I rework the ending to 'violet' as it faded out somewhat abruptly and without a sense of finality. I did a bit of mixing to have the song end properly when fury is holding goose up.

There are other miscellaneous changes, edits trimmed and shifted slightly, some colour shifts blended more evenly. If anyone wants an updated version, the latest is uploading now (give it an hour) and will replace the zip file i sent to some people a week or so ago. for those who I didn't update with a zip file, you can hit me up if you want the updated link. Many thanks for your support thus far. if all is well, we should see this in hte IFDB soon ^^

Many thanks to lapis molari for the wonderful assistance. ^^

oh, the file size and encode quality are much improved too. audio is now 512kbps and videois encoded by nvenc in h265 rather than resolve's h265, which I have learnt is rather poor. file size is down from around 7gb to around 4gb.

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I want to compliment Tremault not only on this excellent edit, but also on a positive attitude to feedback. Improvements were made with good result and without complaint.

The initial draft had a big spread between saturation levels. It distracted from the story, which undermined the purpose of those changes. Tremault reduced the spread, and with smaller differences between adjacent scenes, but stood her ground on the level of (de)saturation applied to most scenes. I love when an editor convincingly explains how something (in this case saturation changes) are a key element to the goal for an edit. It may not be to everyone's liking, but you'll all agree that it fits the editor's goal for this fanedit. (y)

That goal is clear and kept in mind throughout the changes, the narrative changes are thought-through, most video and audio transitions were unnoticable in the draft version already. The few that were are solved; e.g. a natural fade-out of the neatly-integrated "Violet" song, and a scene transition which Tremault solved elegantly by replacing a video fade with a hard visual cut that's accompanied by a (preceding) audio fade-in.

On audio: the stereo sound is rich and clear enough to carry this superhero movie.

One example of really thinking through what you want to achieve and how much you can achieve with the available materials, is the framing of Carol and Monica catching up for the first time. The original makes no time for the characters to have an emotional moment together, after all "there is hero business to be done". Tremault frames this reunion beautifully: it cuts away to Yon-Rogg while Carol and Monica catch up, suggesting a passage of time without the need of (non-existent) extra dialog in their scene. And I love the cat's cutaway shot as transition to bring us back to our heroes. :cool:

Lastly, coming back to the adjusted color saturation: I love the blue glow reflecting from the screens in the Skrull spaceship. That looks like it should always have been like that! 🤩

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finally got to watch this last night. I will turn my preview feedback into a review. It was better than the original for me. Loved the blue glow. Oh...I loved that you used Violet for the song it was a better choice than Ready to go.

Last edited:

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finally got to watch thus last night. I will turn my preview feedback into a review. It was better than the original for me. Loved the blue glow. Oh...I loved that you used Violet for the song it was a better choice than Ready to go.
Yeah that.🤣😂🤣😂

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Likely, by next Sunday? Thats just a guess. But that gives us time to write our reviews of how much better the edit is than the original. And sing our glowing praises to the editor.

Top Bottom