• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Captain America: The Winter Soldier: Defrosted Edition

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
5J7DHXR.png

The Winter Soldier is one of the few sequels that is far superior to the original film, with the action, story and characters all improving from the first. So I thought to make an extended edition to fix one of the plotholes and add back in some little scenes

-Added deleted scene with Shield agents finding Cap's tracker, only for it to be just his suit
-Added conversation with Sitwell and Hill about loyalty (incomplete green screen effects finished brillilantly by @"TM2YC")
-Added conversation with Fury and Black Widow about faking his death
-Extended scene about Black Widows past with Pierce 
-Extra shot of the Insight Helicarriers going down (from SDCC 2013 trailer)
-Extra line at the end of the film, Sam asks Cap "When do start?" Cap replies "We just did" (from Trailer #2)

Adds about 3 minutes of runtime

All new scenes have been colour corrected and cropped to match up with the rest of the film. 

The Defrosted Edition is now available in a 5gb 1080p file with English subtitles made by  @"lapis molari"

YKjgWVu.png

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did you address the technical issues that were pointed out to you when you released this on reddit?

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
How have you handled the green screen in the loyalty scene? It's pretty prominent whenever Sitwell is on screen.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Did you address the technical issues that were pointed out to you when you released this on reddit?

Yes, the audio sync has been fixed and it's in slightly higher quality this time

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
How have you handled the green screen in the loyalty scene? It's pretty prominent whenever Sitwell is on screen.

I attempted to remove the green screen, but to poor effect. 

Its impossible to get it perfect for all the shots as some of the tracking markets aren't visible at all times.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I see what you mean. The removal works fine when it works. For the bits you can't get the screen right for, maybe try cutting around Sitwell whenever he speaks? Have "SHIELD demands loyalty too" play over Hill walking away or something?

Just a suggestion.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
I see what you mean. The removal works fine when it works. For the bits you can't get the screen right for, maybe try cutting around Sitwell whenever he speaks? Have "SHIELD demands loyalty too" play over Hill walking away or something?

Just a suggestion.

I'll see what I can do

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This looks pretty awesome in honest opinion. I dig the cover and disc art too.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Please read the rules regarding ITW threads.

https://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=8232

Looks like this is your third such thread, so please let me know which one you'd like to archive until a later date.

TFA VHS, although I've been working on it, it's currently in limbo

Zamros said:

Just a suggestion.

This is as best as I can get it and how it will most likely remain

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Dude that looks freaking awesome, nice job!

Only thing that gives it away is the computer screens. I'd keep it as is, too. ::)

Good luck with the rest

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
^Dude that looks freaking awesome, nice job!

Only thing that gives it away is the computer screens. I'd keep it as is, too. ::)

Good luck with the rest

I've actually already finished the rest really, just need to render and upload

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:

The editing of the scne is well done but I think it still needs some work on the tech issues.

- The quality is very low and pixelated. I'd have to dig out my WS blu-ray to double-check but I doubt it looks like that, even for a deleted scene.
- It's at the wrong framerate. Your clip is at 24fps and not 23.97fps (the standard blu-ray framerate). This is causing stuttering in the video due to frame repeats. If the whole edit has the same issues with framerate and compression, it's got problems.
- Your green-screen FX are almost there. All you need to do is blur it a little to cover up the joins. It should be out of focus, being deep in the background.
- Can you do something to improve the monitor temp FX?

What is your "workflow" from blu-ray to final render? What settings? What programs? etc. The more info the easier it'll be to help :) .

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Bobson Dugnutt said:

The editing of the scne is well done but I think it still needs some work on the tech issues.

- The quality is very low and pixelated. I'd have to dig out my WS blu-ray to double-check but I doubt it looks like that, even for a deleted scene.
- It's at the wrong framerate. Your clip is at 24fps and not 23.97fps (the standard blu-ray framerate). This is causing stuttering in the video due to frame repeats. If the whole edit has the same issues with framerate and compression, it's got problems.
- Your green-screen FX are almost there. All you need to do is blur it a little to cover up the joins. It should be out of focus, being deep in the background.
- Can you do something to improve the monitor temp FX?

What is your "workflow" from blu-ray to final render? What settings? What programs? etc. The more info the easier it'll be to help :) .

I think it's kinda pixelated beacuse of how many times its been rendered through different things, basically generation loss. 
After it's been ripped and converted to .mp4, I put it through After Effects to remove the green screen and put a new backdrop in, render it, put it into Camtasia (it came on my PC years ago and I've just gotten accustom to it), render it back out as the finished product, and upload to Vimeo, which there is probably some kind of compression going on. I think I've found the fps problem that is Camtasia only renders as 23 or 24, there's no inbetween. So, uh.

I'm really not a keying wizard, but I finished another blue screen in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 that I think looks pretty good besides some pixels that need fixing.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to Pending Approval, until this has been reviewed by the Academy. Thanks.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had a go at replacing the greenscreen in that scene:

(password: fanedit.org)

It's basic but does the job. Any good?

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I had a go at replacing the greenscreen in that scene:

(password: fanedit.org)

It's basic but does the job. Any good?

That's incredible! I like the subtle computer screen effect when Sitwell turns it on. You also removed the tracking dots which is something I couldn't quite get. The only problem is the background doesn't move along, but hey, it's a short scene anyway. I love it!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
The only problem is the background doesn't move along, but hey, it's a short scene anyway. I love it!

It does move, just not very accurately. I'll see if I can improve it. What background did you use (the city skyline). Could you send it to me please?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've redone the greenscreen removal with that skyline backdrop you sent. This is the best I can do...

(Password: fanedit.org)

It's not going to fool anybody who looks closely into thinking that it's a pro-level job but hopefully it's good enough to not be distracting.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It does look better than I could of ever done, its great! Could you send me the file so I can put it in my timeline?

Top Bottom