• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Captain America: The First Avenger - Star Spangled Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
One of the most under-rated Marvel films gets a Bobson Cut, which mostly just feels like some extended bits of the same film I knew and loved. (My full review is here: https://letterboxd.com/nottheacademy/film/captain-america-the-first-avenger/#comment-8976310) Nothing added here really altered my feeling about the film significantly, though I was happy to have the added bits. I listened to it with my headphones on and didn't notice any audio issues that way, so maybe the comments from other reviewers have to do with the 5.1 mix? For me, the only issues occurred at the very end (slight SPOILERS here): when Steve is talking to Nick in Times Square, the prominent vid screen most people call the "Coca Cola board" is blurred out for the whole scene. I'm not sure where this footage came from or why it's like that, but as it's in the center of the screen for many shots, I found it REALLY distracting. The second bit is the final post-credits scene, which Bobson has attached in an aspect ratio that leaves a black border around all edges. Personally, I found this really distracting as well, and would have preferred a slight zoom to get rid of the left and right borders. Oh, also, as I've seen in several other Bobson releases, there are no subtitles whatsoever. This is mostly not an issue, although there are a couple lines at the beginning here that should have been hard-coded as we have no hint at what the conversation is about. All told, I still prefer having the extended/added scenes despite those issues, so this is a shelf-replacer for me, even though it's not perfect.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom