• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

CANUCKS ASSEMBLE!!!!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Check out this new webseries which just debuted last week called

HEROES OF THE NORTH!!!!!!!!

It has a definite Marvel Comics vibe to it, sort of reminds me of the old ALPHA FLIGHT comic when JOHN BYRNE wrote and drew it.

New webispodes are suppose to debut every two weeks.

http://www.heroesofthenorth.com/index.html
:)

Thanks for the url, it wasn't bad at all, I shall look again in a couple of weeks and see what else they have there.

the battle was way too long. the low budget quality was painful. was the canadian wearing a WW1 helmet and carrying a garbage can lid?
some soldiers were carrying pump action shotguns. who uses a handgun in combat? "When a man with .45 meets a man with a rifle, the man with a pistol's a dead man."

the modern day outfits are weird. who wears shinny rubber as a crime fighting combat gear? imagine the sweat? phew!
and everyone wears black. really? are they all night crimefighters that need to blend with the shadows?
but they all forgot the black makeup around the eyes. and there's a lot of toques incorporated in their designs.
and whats the point in wearing those girly Masquerade masks? 2 minutes in photoshop and i can get your real identity.

i just hope bionicbob is not one of the "heroes". i mean no offense. i know i can be very critical. is the reason i don't watch fanfilms.

Now the comic is another matter. Nice artwork. dialogue is a bit anachronistic. Alfred Newman? really? someone's gonna be MAD! :smile:

killbillme said:
the battle was way too long. the low budget quality was painful. was the canadian wearing a WW1 helmet and carrying a garbage can lid?
some soldiers were carrying pump action shotguns. who uses a handgun in combat? "When a man with .45 meets a man with a rifle, the man with a pistol's a dead man."

the modern day outfits are weird. who wears shinny rubber as a crime fighting combat gear? imagine the sweat? phew!
and everyone wears black. really? are they all night crimefighters that need to blend with the shadows?
but they all forgot the black makeup around the eyes. and there's a lot of toques incorporated in their designs.
and whats the point in wearing those girly Masquerade masks? 2 minutes in photoshop and i can get your real identity.

i just hope bionicbob is not one of the "heroes". i mean no offense. i know i can be very critical. is the reason i don't watch fanfilms.

Now the comic is another matter. Nice artwork. dialogue is a bit anachronistic. Alfred Newman? really? someone's gonna be MAD! :smile:

oh Jorge..... (Bob shakes his head smiling) where's your sense of fun? ;)

It is afterall just a comic book fan movie.

I admit, fan films are an aquired taste and definitely not for many people.
Me, I love the energy and spirit that the fans put into them. What they may lack in budget and acting skills,
they often make up for in their love for the material.

I thought for a no budget fan project it had a good understanding of iconic comic book lore and shows wonderful potential.
I am definitely looking forward to see where they go in the next couple of episodes.

.... and no, I am not one of the "heroes" :lol: Just geek who loves all things involving super heroes! :)

Here is another CANADIAN SUPER TEAM webseries called

TEAM EPIC!!!!

It appears to be fully completed, as the last webisode is dated 2009.
Also definitely appears to play the Super Hero angle more for laughs,
while HEROES OF THE NORTH so far seems to be going for the more serious approach. :smile:

http://teamepic.tv/

Episodes two and three of HEROES OF THE NORTH are now online.

So far I like what I am seeing....
Though the idea that Canada's Captain America is a trained psycho killer gives me pause.
But it has made me very interested in where this series may be heading. :)

Eight episodes so far released.
The first six dealing mostly with the secret origins of the various heroes.

Episodes 7 and 8, the heroes are finally teaming up and the bigger threat is being revealed.

The writing, production, and direction are all pretty good. Even the acting is pretty decent for a Fan Series.
I will give it points for ambition. It definitely has a dark Marvel Comics feel to it. It definitely very violent.
Not for the kiddies, that is for sure.
Also, lots of profanity. Too many "F" bombs for my taste.

Also, the tone of the series is a bit uneven.

I only wish the Heroes were.... well.... more heroic.
Instead of revenge seeking psychos, or black ops killer agents, etc.
So far, only NORDIC seems to fit the classic hero mold.

That all said, the more I watch the more I am intrigued as to where the story is leading.
I will definitely keep watching.:)

Back
Top Bottom