• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Bring Back… Star Trek

A

AvP

by AvP
Justin Collins attempts to track down the cast of the original Star Trek series. He hopes to recreate the scene from the episode “Arena” in which Captain Kirk battles a Gorn.
BBST_front.jpg

new film name: Bring Back… Star Trek
edit crew name: AvP Productions
Date Edit Was Released:12/05/09
Runtime:75 minutes

details:

Author: AvP
Video Format: MPEG2/720×480/16.9/NTSC
Audio Format: Dolby Digital 2.0 STEREO

Description:
Justin Lee Collins attempts to track down the cast of the original Star Trek series. He hopes to recreate the scene from the episode “Arena” in which Captain Kirk battles a Gorn.Justin Lee Collins successfully tracked down:

* George Takei – Hikaru Sulu
* Grace Lee Whitney – Janice Rand
* Nichelle Nichols – Nyota Uhura
* Walter Koenig – Pavel Chekov
* Eddie Paskey – Lieutenant Leslie
* Bobby Clark – Gorn
* Leonard Nimoy – Spock

Despite his best efforts he is unable to interview William Shatner.

None of the cast attend the planned reunion, but he is able to create a scene on the bridge of the USS Enterprise using footage filmed during interviews with Takei, Nichols and Koenig. Bobby Clark donned a version of the Gorn outfit to recreate the battle scene with Justin Lee Collins standing in to Shatner.

Main Feature:

- “Bring Back…Star Trek”documentary from channel4

Hardware and software information:

* Avs script
* CCE SP v2.7
* DVD-lab PRO 2
* Mpeg Video Wizard DVD
* PgcDemux
* Sony Vegas
* VirtualDub 1.6

persons involved: AvP

Special thanks to:

* boon23
* ThrowgnCpr

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool, hadn't heard of this one. I'll have to check it out.

And now I have more posts than Boon.

;D

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good fun in this one, and lots of laughs, especially with George Takei, who doesn't hold back in his feelings towards certain cast members. It's sad that there is still feuding and such, especially at their age and maturity level, but it's interesting at the same time. Makes for good TV, to be sure. Another in the fun "Bring Back..." series and a welcome addition to Preserv. :)

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks Ripplin for the review, this is my favorite out of the bring back series. The George Takei segment is really good, i got the feeling most of the animosity was from William Shatner.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Glad to help. I've noticed a lot of the comments in these threads are about technical issues and many don't say anything about the actual discs. :p I'll add more thoughts about different ones once I've watched them.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yea i agree, sadly we have a grab and go community.

Top Bottom