• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Breaking Bad

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally got around to this and it's pretty good, for the uninitiated its about a high school chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer and decides to (for one reason or another) to start making crystal meth with an old high school student.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_Bad

Only a few of episodes in but it's pretty compelling.

Yeah it's good, Bryan Cranston packed on a fair bit of weight for the role too, but he has been shedding it as the series goes on. The character is a far cry from Hal from Malcolm in the Middle, also Badger's voice (he's the friend of the other guy.) really cracks me up.

Omaru1982 said:
Yeah it's good, Bryan Cranston packed on a fair bit of weight for the role too, but he has been shedding it as the series goes on. The character is a far cry from Hal from Malcolm in the Middle, also Badger's voice (he's the friend of the other guy.) really cracks me up.

i only watched the first episode which was really good but after lost i don't want to trust any series that has a continuing story because i get far too invested, so i wanted to ask:

how many season are there and is it still good? will there be an ending or will it be just as long as it gets and then they let it die?

Sunarep said:
i only watched the first episode which was really good but after lost i don't want to trust any series that has a continuing story because i get far too invested, so i wanted to ask:

how many season are there and is it still good? will there be an ending or will it be just as long as it gets and then they let it die?
3 seasons in and it must-see tv.
as as far as what might happen/ending... Boy you really were burned by LOST.
So tell me: is it better to have loved and LOST or not to have loved LOST at all?

killbillme said:
3 seasons in and it must-see tv.
as as far as what might happen/ending... Boy you really were burned by LOST.
So tell me: is it better to have loved and LOST or not to have loved LOST at all?

haha, you got me jorge
i waited until season 5 with lost since i didn't want to start watch the show and then the ending would disappoint

of course I don't regret anything about lost, it was a great ride (1-5), but the ending really kicked me away from any storycentered tv-shows (that's why i wait until dexter is over) and made me swith to futurama, family guy and How i met your mother

Sunarep said:
haha, you got me jorge
i waited until season 5 with lost since i didn't want to start watch the show and then the ending would disappoint

of course I don't regret anything about lost, it was a great ride (1-5), but the ending really kicked me away from any storycentered tv-shows (that's why i wait until dexter is over) and made me swith to futurama, family guy and How i met your mother
Well then i recommend to you BREAKING BAD and MAD MEN.
I don't know how long we'll have together...
who does.

so how does the story of BB feel after the first seasons?

is it heading towards a goal? or just happening but still entertaining?

The only other show with a continuing story i watched was prison break and it was fun for a while, it felt like it was moving somewhere (even though i knew it was never planned further than the escape) but after awhile it just stalled

is BB like this or is there a "goal" something to look froward to?

I watched all the BB episodes recently for the first time.
It does not disappoint.
It's as good as people say it is.

I would also have to recommend Fringe along with Dexter.

Boy, I watched the most recent episodes of those 2 last night... hard to tell which was better... they are both fantastic.

I've seen 3 Seasons of breaking bad ( think thats all there are at present,) and I don't think it'll go beyond a fifth season, I'm not sure where it'll end up storywise because its quite a predicament that Walter finds himself in to support his family given his crisis. Sunarep, unlike a lot of the shows you've felt burned by, it seems entirely plausible so far and I can't see them shooting for unrealistic scenarios any time soon. Just watch the first season and see how you feel.

I really should try this one again. I started it and about midway I got distracted with Lost or something. My mate absolutely swears by it and thinks it gets better all the time.

- I'd also plug Fringe and Dexter, with a bit of Chuck and House for fun.

Breaking Bad is great, all three seasons. Looking forward to the new season.

Just finished season 1 and I gotta say I'm well impressed!

Best show on since "The Wire" ended!
The morality play just gets more and more intense.
And trying to guess where it's gonna go, well - I don't see it going beyond five seasons.

July 10th is nearing!

I found a few fan made teasers and they are pretty damn good, here's my favorite of the 4 this guy made:

Really looking forward to the new episodes, first seasons were awesome and I hope they take Mr White's dilemma to new places.

Really stoked to see where this goes as well. Hard to top the season opening with the Mexicans crawling on the ground for a couple of minutes though.

Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows. I've seen seasons 1 - 3 multiple times and I'm super pumped for season 4 to begin this Sunday! My friend and I are also podcasting/blogging about it. If you're interested in analysis, commentary and predictions about the show, check it out.

just finished season 1 and will likely plow through 2 and 3 on the quick to be able to follow season 4 as they air.
great show thus far.

Last couple of weeks AMC has been having a Breaking Bad marathon leading up to the Season 4 premiere. They show 3 episodes a night, including this whole week which will be the remainder of Season 2 and all of Season 3! :)

Well they certainly delivered, what a creepy episode. Roll on next sunday!

Back
Top Bottom