• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Breaking Bad

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think as a whole, I enjoyed The Shield more than The Wire, and in a sense, the ending of BB reminded me of The Shield. It's deliciously bittersweet.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Shield has an ending that was equally/maybe even more satisfying than the ending to Breaking Bad.

Seriously Spoilers, If you haven't watched the entire series of Breaking Bad and The Shield do not proceed!
Both Vic and Walt "win" in a sense, but at the same time they lose everything in the process. Walt ended being a bit luckier as he ends up dying instead of being chained to a desk working a government job involving typed reports daily etc. (No offense intended to any government workers reading this spoiler! :p)

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I dunno, I completely avoided BB until just before season 3 arrived. I then acquired season 1 and didn't bother watching it for another six months and then didn't have anything better to watch so gave it a try.

I wasn't hooked straight away; that took until episode 3 or 4 and by the end of season 1 I had to start watching season 2 the following night. Of course it got better and better with each season and is as close to a perfect run that I have ever seen. I still believe season 1 is extremely good telly but you kinda needed to find that out for yourself. Watching it after the fact and expecting it to be 'that' good is never going to work or live up to the expectations you have built up in your mind.

In fact the only people I have ever heard calling season 1 or 2 meh were the people who only really started watching it in the last few years once the hype had well and truly hit.

This is one of the few shows that I think rating individual seasons is a waste of time, the entire thing is an ensemble piece and should be taken as such. so I simply say Breaking Bad is one of the best TV shows I have ever seen and leave it at that.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For those who have seen the finale, this video is pretty damn cool:

When Stephen Colbert talked to Vince Gilligan about the song El Paso used in the season finale of Breaking Bad, he asked if Felina was Jesse or the blue meth, and Vince basically said Felina was the blue meth.. Viewed that way, the song El Paso matches up with not only the scene it was used in and the season finale, but the entire series. Or at least I was able to shoehorn it all in, I have no idea if this is how the creators meant any of this. So I put together the rest of it, just the way I saw it, to the whole song before and after the actual scene from the finale.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
Ok this is fucking awesome.

From http://www.avclub.com/articles/of-course-that-phone-number-from-last-nights-break,103228/

I just tried it and you get a short little voice mail message with Robert Forster's voice. Call me a goddamn dork but that's kind cool.

Would have been cooler if it was a message for Max Cherry's bail bondsmen services! Maybe a little Delfonics while they keep you on hold

Try this number again. This time press 5 during the voice message!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I pressed '5' and I guess I'm going on the lam now.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That Felina video is awesome [MENTION=8731]Gatos[/MENTION]

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This fan-made Breaking Bad tribute song is Awesome!:

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A poster for every episode :)

tumblr_mvu5uiEeXd1slqxs4o1_1280.jpg

Old news? Maybe. Oh well.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:-D Man, I miss breaking bad...

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A student projected created Breaking Bad - The Movie

Having not seen the series (yet), not sure I'd want to watch this, but in the interest of FYI...

Top Bottom