• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Breaking Bad

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

breakingbad-first-final-1.gif
breakingbad-first-final-2.gif
breakingbad-first-final-3.gif
breakingbad-first-final-4.gif

breakingbad-first-final-5.gif
breakingbad-first-final-6.gif

breakingbad-first-final-7.gif
breakingbad-first-final-8.gif

breakingbad-first-final-9.gif
breakingbad-first-final-10.gif

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's pretty awesome [MENTION=8731]Gatos[/MENTION]! but maybe chuck some spoiler tags on that puppy? that thing is loaded!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Those gifs are seriously beautiful though.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lol, that looks like standard univision quality there. should be fun

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That looks like it has the potential to better the Indian remake of Oldboy. I must own it immediately.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really awesome video.

"Relive Five Seasons of Breaking Bad in Seven Minutes"

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally decided to give this show a shot and I got through the first season in 3 days. I just hope the second season starts to get good because the first season has only been meh at best. It was good enough to keep me interested, and to want to see season 2, but nothing spectacular.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Finally decided to give this show a shot and I got through the first season in 3 days. I just hope the second season starts to get good because the first season has only been meh at best. It was good enough to keep me interested, and to want to see season 2, but nothing spectacular.

*Dislike* :p

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Really awesome video.

"Relive Five Seasons of Breaking Bad in Seven Minutes"

Not sure if this has already been posted on here but this video is pretty damn good too. (Im biased though cause I love this track from the Inception soundtrack)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
*Dislike* :p

In all fairness though, while the first season didn't blow me away each episode left me wanting to watch the next one right away. And I did find that it got better near the end, once Walter decided "Fuck it! I'm cooking meth!" and went back to Jesse. Especially after Jesse got his ass kicked by Tuco and Walter went back for some payback.

RollWave

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:

some will nit it up over which seasons are better, but this show is pretty consistent across the entire series. If you thought 1 was meh, you will probably think they are all meh. If you decide you like season 2, you probably actually liked season 1 and this 'meh' business is just you being a reverse hipster.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
RollWave said:
some will nit it up over which seasons are better, but this show is pretty consistent across the entire series. If you thought 1 was meh, you will probably think they are all meh. If you decide you like season 2, you probably actually liked season 1 and this 'meh' business is just you being a reverse hipster.

I don't buy that. From what I heard, although the show was good throughout, it continually got better. I'm about halfway through the first season, and I too am not crazy impressed (given the commotion this made). It's enjoyable, but not mind-blowing. I'll probably stick with it, but if it weren't for the rave reviews through the end, I may let this fall by the wayside after a few episodes.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:

The genius of the show is that watching it mirrors the experience of becoming addicted to meth. You start watching season one and it's entertaining, but you don't see what the fuss is about. Nothing really spectacular, just exactly what you expect. People tell you that you just haven't had the good stuff yet. So you keep coming back for more. And then you start to feel it. OHHHHH, that's what they were talking about. DAMN. But you're never really satisfied. You never get to that point where you say, "Alright, that was fun. Don't need any more of that." You need more Heisenberg. More Hank. More breakfasts. It pulls you in to the point where you're not sure what happened to that guy who said "the first season has only been meh at best" but fuck him, THIS IS AWESOME. You drift about in a haze for several more seasons and then one day you get to the final episode of season 5, and it's all over. You check into rehab and realize that there's more to life than Breaking Bad. It was just a TV show. But DAMN, it was good.

RollWave

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I don't buy that. From what I heard, although the show was good throughout, it continually got better. I'm about halfway through the first season, and I too am not crazy impressed (given the commotion this made). It's enjoyable, but not mind-blowing. I'll probably stick with it, but if it weren't for the rave reviews through the end, I may let this fall by the wayside after a few episodes.

most breaking bad fans that you are talking about will have rankings that look something like:
5>4>2>3>1>>>>>>>>>The Wire>>>>>>>>>>>The Sopranos>>>>>>>>>>Everything else on tv.

Yea, they say it kept getting better...but that wasn't from 1=meh. That was from 1=better than their other favorite shows to 5=even betterer.

if your Season 1 rating is only in 'meh' territory (what is that, maybe Hannibal? Dexter season 5?), you are unlikely to get to fanboi levels of enjoyment.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
RollWave said:
most breaking bad fans that you are talking about will have rankings that look something like:
5>4>2>3>1>>>>>>>>>The Wire>>>>>>>>>>>The Sopranos>>>>>>>>>>Everything else on tv.

Yea, they say it kept getting better...but that wasn't from 1=meh. That was from 1=better than their other favorite shows to 5=even betterer.

if your Season 1 rating is only in 'meh' territory (what is that, maybe Hannibal? Dexter season 5?), you are unlikely to get to fanboi levels of enjoyment.

I'm OK with not reaching "fanboi levels of enjoyment." If someone thinks that season 1 of this show is better than everything they have ever seen on TV, then obviously we have different tastes.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just finished flying through the whole series in a couple of weeks, and if you look at my from last week, I loved the shit out of it.

The Wire>Breaking Bad 5>4>3>2>1. But other TV shows fit within that too. Season 1 of Breaking Bad is NOT better than everything else on TV ever.

When I started I didn't consider season 1 "meh," but I definitely didn't see what the fuss was about either. But I kept watching, and I'm so glad I did. Adabisi hits the nail on the head, oddly enough. Things get better, and things start to build on top of one another. I'd probably appreciate the first season more if I watched it again.

I can't promise you guys will like what's to come, but if you do continue to watch, you will find out what the fuss is about.

Top Bottom