• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Breaking Bad Gets a Fanedit

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That font really ties the whole poster together. 

Sorry I don't know any Breaking Bad quotes, so you get an edited Big Lebowski quote instead.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
That font really ties the whole poster together. 

Sorry I don't know any Breaking Bad quotes, so you get an edited Big Lebowski quote instead.

How about:

Yeah, kerning bitch!

Mr.Lovebucket

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If anybody is still interested in watching the edit:

**linked removed by admin**

Hope it stays online for a while.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"Mr.Lovebucket" - I removed the link because that website allows direct download. Please read the rules.  Have people get in touch with you via PM if they want it

Mr.Lovebucket

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ooops, I'm sorry. Seems I didn't read the rules very well :angel: 

If anybody wants to give the edit a try: PM me!

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Found a torrent on the famous Swedish site that offers torrents. ;)

scooper

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello there, can somebody give me the link to download Breaking Bad fanedit, the best quality version. I was trying to contact MCP but he disabled private messages.
Thank you.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
scooper said:
Hello there, can somebody give me the link to download Breaking Bad fanedit, the best quality version. I was trying to contact MCP but he disabled private messages.
Thank you.

MCP is not a user, it's literally the site.

More importantly, you can't ask for download links publicly here, doing so is breaking the rules and if you continue you could be banned from the site.

To avoid that please read the rules before posting here again.

https://www.fanedit.org/rules/
https://www.fanedit.org/long-rules/

scooper

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
scooper said:
Thank you.

MCP is not a user, it's literally the site.

More importantly, you can't ask for download links publicly here, doing so is breaking the rules and if you continue you could be banned from the site.

To avoid that please read the rules before posting here again.

https://www.fanedit.org/rules/
https://www.fanedit.org/long-rules/

Ok thank you for the warning.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
scooper said:
Thank you.

MCP is not a user

Maybe not, but he fights for the users.

iridium_ionizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
plurmonger said:
It moves at a quick pace, but it never loses its rhythm, and I didn't find any glaring plot holes (just one line toward the end that doesn't make much sense without some deleted context).  The only complaints I have are that, at times, it moves just a little too quickly, and some of the characters are (unsurprisingly) thinly drawn. It's not a problem for everybody (The story doesn't suffer for cutting down Walt Jr's screentime, for instance), but Jessie really could have used more scenes to flesh out his relationship with Walt and give the conclusion to his story more emotional payoff. The best advice I can give to anyone who's planning to watch this is to let go of any preconceived notions of what must be included in a BB fanedit.  

I thought it was very done. It does feel like there are major time skips, which works well for this edit, but is usually done in a more obvious way in a feature film. This does produce some small plot holes in terms of character motivations. 

MILD SPOILERS: 
1) Without seeing all the time that Walter is absent without good reason, we don't quite see why Skyler would suspect he is having an affair or that something else was up. 
2) Without seeing Walt's occasional impulsiveness (or Jesse's drug use) we don't see why Gus would want to have them killed at all. 
3) Without seeing Walt mentoring Jesse we don't see how they developed such deep loyalties to each other, which makes the betrayals at the end more heart-wrenching. 
4) Without Walt's manipulations and Todd's very bad deed, we don't see why Jesse would be so angry when parting ways with Walt and so quick to flip on him once in police custody. 

That said, again I think this fanedit is excellent for what it is trying to do. I wish it had a few more of the best lines included. This edit is geared towards highlighting Walt's family relationships as he descends. It is emotionally tough to watch this though without the action scenes or comic relief. 

I think at least 2 other TV-movie fanedits could be make from the series. A fanedit focusing on Jesse's development - as he sees his relationships destroyed as he moves up from small-time to big-time - would have Walt play the catalyst of his changes (or even make Jesse's and Walt's screen-time more equal telling parallel stories). 

Another TV-to-movie fanedit could be the action cut - where personal relationships just are background to the small-time cooks getting in over their heads. Crazy stuff keeps happening to them (and the DEA agent trying to catch up to them). 

addiesin said:
Sorry I don't know any Breaking Bad quotes... 
Let's cook.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
iridium_ionizer said:
I think at least 2 other TV-movie fanedits could be make from the series.

#3: Remove all mention of meth and make a Lifetime Sunday Afternoon movie about a high school teacher dealing with a terminal illness, infidelity and failed career.

iridium_ionizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adabisi said:
#3: Remove all mention of meth and make a Lifetime Sunday Afternoon movie about a high school teacher dealing with a terminal illness, infidelity and failed career.
This would be great! Call it Making Sad. I wonder how many people would be really interested in it and how many people would watch it just as a joke. 

There are a few other fanedits that I have thought of since that would be possible. 
#4 Hank's story. This would focus on the DEA investigations and only show Walt when interacting with him. There is more than enough personal drama to flesh out a story. Although the ending might not be satisfying enough for some. 
#5 Cartel Drama. This would probably work as series of 3 vignettes (Tucco, Gus, and Jack) with Walt and Jesse being constant side characters. There's probably not enough character development to really make this work for Tucco and Jack. 
#6 Comedy Version. There would be a lot of Badger in this version. The humorous incompetency of Walt and Jesse would be played up. The ending would be the universe-shattering "it was all a dream" scene that was included as a bonus feature. And there would be more Badger.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
harrypottervip said:
hello guys, how can i watch this movie ? i cannot seem to find it anywhere

People on this thread mentioned previously that they have it downloaded, maybe try and send them a PM to ask if they have it.

RogerDodger

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Excellent opening titles. It's obvious from the very start that this is well thought through edit. It has great tone and pace, only once toward the end I thought a scene was surplus. I like how it presented characters/arcs and also 2.35 AR - a reminder that the show itself was very much cinematic.
I agree this was an amazing piece of work, well thought out. Races along but managed to be coherent with only the absolutely rudimentary building blocks to the major arcs. Transitions work surprisingly well for the most part, only a little abrupt when subplots are passed completely over. Interesting decisions: Jesse is nearly completely missing which probably deprives this of what "heart" the original show had; Gus Fring for his importance has hardly any presence either, maybe less than 7 minutes total? Just goes to show how the bones of this show were pretty ordinary and "typical" and the art was all in the nuances and digressions and characters breathing.

Having seen the show all the way through at least twice I "knew" all the backstory and could fill in the blanks. Still when the cut slows to play out a scene it works without slowing things down and remains visually interesting. Surprised this works as well as it does!

krausfadr

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A little late in the game I watched this tonight. Thank you random commenters for keeping an old dead thread comatose yet alive. This edit was pretty amazing. Making an edit that spans the entire series (skipping across seasons) and still have it make sense is quite an accomplishment. Highly recommended. Now please don't go and start asking for a link which I don't have anymore. Use the noggin the good lord gave you and use the google. Here I'll help: it's spelled www.google.com. You will know you found the right edit when the video you're watching shows a runtime of 2 hours 7 minutes.

Top Bottom