• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Breakfast at Tiffany's: Novella Cut:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Should clasic movies ever be touched? This demonstrates that a YES is the way to go. The narrative and tone of this movie is vastly improved upon, and not just because of Rooney's excision. This movie should always have been a bitterweet and sublime experience, and the commecial pressure at the time led to many deviations from the source material. The editor has addressed thes as best can be done with the material avalable, and the tone is greatly imprived. There are a few segements that feel unaturlly short, but having now also viewed the original, it is appropriate to the editors objective, and I aplaud the courage to apply those changes. Niether Hepburn nor Peppard's performances are diminished in any way; in fact, they play better for the changes made. If you have not seen this in a while, this is an ideal way to revisit, and frankly it does not feel like 26 minutes were removed...it feels like it should feel IMHO, and I hope others will concur. Thankyou for the vision and execution. I'm off to brunch!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom