• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Born in East LA - TV Extended Ending

D

donnie_darko

Hi everyone,

Well being my first post, thought I start off with a project that should be preserved. A lot of people don't realize, but the Theatrical and home release of this movie contain a cut ending - missing about 10+ minutes of film. After coming down the hill and across the border with a 1000+ others, the ending shows Rudy (Cheech) coming out of the man hole with Dolores during a Cinco de Mayo parade. Next we see the OTM's playing it cool past the cops, and then Rudy & Dolores on the float in front of a priest kissing. The end.

Well years ago when I first seen this on TV, the ending was much longer and explained a lot of things. It showed Rudy being held ransom by the coyotes in a house that turns out to be across the street from his house. He gets his wallet back, and about that time the INS comes busting in. He shows his ID to the main officer, the same one who deported him in the beginning and threatens to sue him for illegal deportation (probably why the ending was eventually cut). When they start to take Dolores away since she IS an illegal, they both make a run for it. Thats when they come up out of the man hole, and see the float with the priest. With the INS hot on their trail, Rudy asks Dolores to marry him and they jump up on the float and have the priest perform a record time marriage. When the INS finally catches up and tries to take Dolores away, Rudy informs them that they have just been married which makes her a US citizen (2nd reason it was probably cut) and tell him to take a hike. Then we see the last two scenes with the OTM's and finally Rudy & Dolores kissing.

I have searched and searched for this ending... and cannot believe that I can't find it anywhere. I've heard there were some VHS copies that had it when it was first relased, but don't know exactly which ones or how to tell them apart... something about it having a different cover art. If this could be found and preserved that would be amazing, as it actually gave the movie a fuller ending! Just something I'd hate see be lost...

Top Bottom