• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Borders/outlines in the DVD Cover Templates

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I'm taking a stab at making Cover Art. I am going to make the background color for the entire cover (front, back and side) black. This will obscure those "guide lines" that delineate the side of the cover from the front and back. Is there a way to keep those lines intact while I'm making the art?

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you using the template with the light green sections? If not, use that instead, and then you can fade it over the rest of the art to make sure everything is in place.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
QuickCut said:
Are you using the template with the light green sections? If not, use that instead, and then you can fade it over the rest of the art to make sure everything is in place.

Ahh ok. I wasn't using the template with the light green sections. I'll switch to that. Thanks for the tip QuickCut!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also you can make ruler lines in Photshop. Just click on the ruler on the left (or top or wherever) and drag the cursor to where you want it. The result will look like this:

examplebp.png

That way, even after putting your background color in you can still see the border lines for the layout.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ahhh ok. Good to know too.

Also while we're at it. Where can I get the vector object (whatever you call it ) that "Digitally Enhanced for Superior Storytelling" like the one on the top of your backcover there.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think I found it somewhere in the forum. To save you search time though, I'll send it to you.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
I think I found it somewhere in the forum. To save you search time though, I'll send it to you.

Thanks Neg.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Memorex has some label and cover (CD and DVD) software called xPressit that I have used for years.

Top Bottom