• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Borat to play Freddie Mercury

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sure could look the part, but I want a "serious" Queen biopic. The band deserves it.
Even if Mercury himself was kind of crazy!

freddie_mercury.jpg

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Honestly i dont know if i would watch this or not. Queen is probably my favorite band, and no one can top Freddie vocally, i get more than enough just from listening to queen, i don't see how a biopic could improve on that. Give me a good biography any day and i'm happy. Hopefully i'm wrong and the film kick's a$$ somehow. That's my two cents.

Here's a couple more. I'd put them in the "what are you listening to" thread, but it's more fitting here.
[youtube:1dl4epyc]
[youtube:1dl4epyc]

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't mind the casting. The fact that every pop music biopic ever has been complete and utter bollocks is the real dealbreaker. Even the alleged good ones, like Ray and I Walk the Line, I find tedious and dangerously full of themselves.

(Exceptions: the only conventional biopic I like is Anton Corbijn's Control, it's the only one I've seen that tries to deconstruct the myth instead of building it up (especially impressive for a myth-heavy band as Joy Division). The only truly good biopic is Todd Haynes's I'm not There, though.)

grabaham

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Let's face it; most of your garden-variety Mercury imitators don't resemble the guy that well, or don't sound much like him. Sacha Baron Cohen both is British, so the speaking voice is halfway there, and would bear a passing resemblance if he grew the Borat mustache again, kept it trim, and threw on the Ali G tan. As for vocals, I don't think there would be ever any question that no one can top Freddie; the only question is how they choose to dub him. There is enough material on Freddie live and studio that I think they should be able to replicate concerts nicely without doing the whole "let's stick the studio version over an audience and call it a day" trick. If they dub live shows with live shows, I'm satisfied.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Walk Hard was good :smile:

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
Walk Hard was good :smile:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I've had it with all this crap! You took her side every time! All you care about is fruit, and touching yourself. Well **** you!

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think Sacha Baron Cohen will surprise everyone who thinks he can't play a serious role. He's a great actor. I think he will nail this part.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry, Dewie. I just never realized until just this moment how easy it is to cut someone in half with a machete.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shame Kenny Everett died, he would of bin perfect.

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I reckon Sacha Baron Cohen will be excellent. He's a comic actor in the same mould of Peter Seller's, someone who completely inhabits the person he's playing to the point he is that person. I just hope the film lives up to his performace.

yads

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's a good opportunity for Baron Cohen to display his acting chops. I just hope he does a better job of a 'serious' role than Mike Myers managed in Inglourious Basterds - who blighted what was otherwise a bone fide masterpiece.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah fuck it, one more video from them:

Top Bottom