• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

boon23's guide to creating animated menus with dvd lab pro

Thanks for this guide boon. I did my first animated menu yesterday. I got stuck until I saw your guide again that helped me further (I had to render the movie). After several renderings because it gave me some errors, I managed to created a good motion menu. Thanks!

I want to author a DVD with two audio tracks - A and B - and one set of subtitles.

Can DVD Lab Pro make a DVD in which subtitles are on when B is selected, but off when A is selected?

Or must one make an option for the user to select the subtitles manually via a menu?

DVD lab pro can make whatever audio and subtitle options.
You need to use vm commands for that and direct the link to use them.
But be careful, because these commands have a tendency to keep the audio and subtitle options, so you need to set them back for other files (for example: if you play audio 2 on movie 1 and next want to watch movie 2 that has only one audio option, it will play audio 2 resulting in silence).

how?
go to connections
right click "add" --> add command object --> in vts domain
double click the command object
--> script
select SetSTN and manually add your options (audio=0 for audio 1, audio=1 for audio 2 subp=0:eek:n for subtitle 1, subp=1:eek:n for subtitle 2, subp=0:eek:ff for no subtitle showing)
enter to end the line
--> quick link (select the movie)
ok

Thanks, boon! I'll have a go and see if I can get it to work.

There's only one movie though; it just has two audio tracks, one of which needs soft subs at certain junctures.

Cheers! :)

Back
Top Bottom