• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Bluray / DVD cover printing

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does anyone on here have a link or tutorial/software  for cover printing. I have tried to print manually but the covers always seem to have an alignment problem or are either too large or too small. Very frustating and a waste of expensive ink. I would like to print the 14mm spine cover. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It probably depends on your printer and printer/photoshop software as to how accurate the print size is going to be. With me it's unfortunately been a case of print it, measure it, adjust the print size percentage, print it, measure it, adjust again etc etc until it's exactly right, then save those settings.

You could try just black and white printing a simple line template like this...

BLU1038pdf.jpg

...then rising it, printing again, resizing etc until it's right. Then you'll minimize ink waste and have a template you can create your covers on that will always print correct.... until you get a new printer ;) .

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
It probably depends on your printer and printer/photoshop software as to how accurate the print size is going to be. With me it's unfortunately been a case of print it, measure it, adjust the print size percentage, print it, measure it, adjust again etc etc until it's exactly right, then save those settings.

You could try just black and white printing a simple line template like this...

BLU1038pdf.jpg

...then rising it, printing again, resizing etc until it's right. Then you'll minimize ink waste and have a template you can create your covers on that will always print correct.... until you get a new printer ;) .
Thanks TM2YC , i'll give it a go

DroopyMcCool

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really late to this thread, but I need some help for making some custom cover art.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I kinda want to print my own media covers for fan edits as soon as I get my first project approved by the Academy.

Top Bottom