• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Blu Ray Creator Question

OhhIDied

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello, 

I've been trying to create a blu ray for one of my fan-edits for the last several days, but despite trying multiple exports, ect, the film glitches out at the same part every single time. I don't know what is wrong. The film plays absolutely fine on my computer. It makes no sense to me. 

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

Edit, I even tried separating the film into halves, but the video skips at the separation point, it doesn't even flow into the next scene, and then, it glitches out at the end like usual.

Siliconmaster

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What programs are you using? Without any additional details it's hard to recommend anything.

OhhIDied

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Siliconmaster said:
What programs are you using? Without any additional details it's hard to recommend anything.

I'm editing with Adobe Premiere Pro. 

My export settings are: h.264, 2 PASS VBR, Target/Maximum Bitrate is 30, Maxium Render Depth, Maximum Quality. 

I use Media Encoder and then I try putting it on Blu Ray with "ImElfin"

I'm using 50gb Blu Ray discs from "SmartBuy"

Oh, and it takes like 3 hours to burn 1 blu ray.

Siliconmaster

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OhhIDied said:

My export settings are: h.264, 2 PASS VBR, Target/Maximum Bitrate is 30, Maxium Render Depth, Maximum Quality. 

So it sounds like you're exporting a high-quality h.264 file and then running it through a converter/authoring program to put it on the blu-ray. In theory that should work, but unfortunately since I don't know anything about "ImElfin" I can't help with that side of it. You say the h.264 file plays fine before you run it through the blu-ray process, but the resulting Blu Ray stops midway? Does the disk play on your computer but not in a real player?

For my project, I exported a similar file, but used "H.264 blu ray" instead of"H.264". It exports separate audio and video files, which Blu Ray authoring programs can use pretty easily. I then placed the resulting audio and video files into Vegas DVD Architect, which has a 30 day free trial if you want to try it out. From there I exported a Blu Ray ISO, which I burned with ImgBurn.

OhhIDied

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Siliconmaster said:
OhhIDied said:

So it sounds like you're exporting a high-quality h.264 file and then running it through a converter/authoring program to put it on the blu-ray. In theory that should work, but unfortunately since I don't know anything about "ImElfin" I can't help with that side of it. You say the h.264 file plays fine before you run it through the blu-ray process, but the resulting Blu Ray stops midway? Does the disk play on your computer but not in a real player?

For my project, I exported a similar file, but used "H.264 blu ray" instead of"H.264". It exports separate audio and video files, which Blu Ray authoring programs can use pretty easily. I then placed the resulting audio and video files into Vegas DVD Architect, which has a 30 day free trial if you want to try it out. From there I exported a Blu Ray ISO, which I burned with ImgBurn.

It plays on a PS4 and Xbox 1, but my blu ray player is old and it has a hard time playing newer blu rays as it is, so it didn't play on there. 

The disc won't play on my computer. I try to open it with CyberLink Dvd and nothing. 

I also exported it on H.264 blu ray, so I will look into Vegas DVD Architect and ImgBurn. Thank you very much!

Siliconmaster

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OhhIDied said:
It plays on a PS4 and Xbox 1, but my blu ray player is old and it has a hard time playing newer blu rays as it is, so it didn't play on there. 

The disc won't play on my computer. I try to open it with CyberLink Dvd and nothing. 

I also exported it on H.264 blu ray, so I will look into Vegas DVD Architect and ImgBurn. Thank you very much!

Good luck! Hopefully it will play better with the new workflow, but I'll be interested how it turns out. The trick is to get it working on one device and then test others to make sure it's consistent. An old blu ray player will sometimes have issues with newer disks, but the computer should be able to play it if the disk is burned correctly. Oh, and I bought a BD-RE to test mine with because I knew I'd probably waste a bunch of disks getting it to work haha.

OhhIDied

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Siliconmaster said:
OhhIDied said:

Good luck! Hopefully it will play better with the new workflow, but I'll be interested how it turns out. The trick is to get it working on one device and then test others to make sure it's consistent. An old blu ray player will sometimes have issues with newer disks, but the computer should be able to play it if the disk is burned correctly. Oh, and I bought a BD-RE to test mine with because I knew I'd probably waste a bunch of disks getting it to work haha.

Haha. That's smart with the BD-RE. I've already wasted like 3 BD-R's trying to do this... I'll let ya know if I finally get it to work. Thanks again!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bluray discs can be finicky, and buying cheap discs is basically throwing money away. And always avoid LTH, they're really prone to failure and most older BD players can't handle them.

Can you provide more specifics on the discs you are using?

Siliconmaster

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good point, I hadn't considered the disc brand side of things.

OhhIDied

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

OhhIDied

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Siliconmaster said:
Those seem ok from reviews, but I can't say I know anything about the brand which would usually make me nervous.

I usually go with these, though they are a little expensive:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004CJ9KYC/ref=psdc_668575011_t4_B00K7LDZWW

And here's the BD-RE I went for:
https://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-BD-...m&qid=1561645616&s=gateway&sr=8-22-spons&th=1

Thanks, I might just grab both of these. It looks like BD-R's are only 6 bucks more than the ones I got, so not bad at all.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points

OhhIDied

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I found new settings on the ImElfin software... One for CPU Core with options of 3-12 and another setting for Mpbs with options of 14-30, so I set these at 7 & 30 and it worked... 

I thank everyone for helping me figure this out!

Top Bottom