• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Blu-ray audio that doesn't need recompressing

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Despite the fact that I used AC3 5.1 audio at the same bitrate that my DVDA project was set to, when I went to export it chose to recompress all of my audio on Silent Hill Homecoming. This, unsurprisingly, led to a massively long export process, one that I feel can be avoided. I also did a small test with 5.1 PCM audio, and it wanted to recompress that as well.

So, what gives? Is there anything I can use to get around this, or is it something I'm stuck with forever?

EDIT: It seems that after 11.5 hours, the disc came out with no audio. My player detects the track, says correctly that it is DD 5.1, but it's completely silent. Amusing that it's an edit for Silent Hill and the audio track is silent, but still. What the hell man?

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=10512]geminigod[/MENTION] - I've been using the Vegas 5.1 Surround DVD output option. I can't customize it so I can't see the exact settings. What's odd is that it plays just fine in the program, it's only after output that it doesn't work. The menus I render in 2.0 anyways, but those also work in the program but need re-rendering and don't work when I export the ISO anyways.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm, sounds like a questionable output? I have found most of the outputs in Vegas to be useless. Is this the Dolby Digital Pro codec or something else? Maybe post a screenshot of what the "DVD output" option has for custom settings? You can't always trust the default template option. Furthermore, why use a DVD option if this is for BD? DVD will most likely output at 448kbps but with BD you should max the ac3 file out at 640kbps for 5.1 sound.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It doesn't have any custom settings at all. I know it exports at 448 kbps. It's the File Format Plug-In, Consumer Encoder Version 3.2. That's really all I've got.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I updated to Vegas Pro 12 and that had Dolby Pro as an option for exporting with customization options. I exported a small sample and Architect didn't seem to need to recompress it, so I think I'm over this hump. Hopefully.

Top Bottom