• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Blake's 7 - series 5, what if? + survivors poll

Which regulars do you think would've survived Series 4's cliffhanger if the show had continued?

• Blake (might as well throw him in there even though he clearly wasn't coming back)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Avon (he seems the most likely candidate of all as he's basically the de facto leader post Blake)

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Dayna

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Vila

• Tarrant

• Soolin (lol no, Glynis Barber even said she was done, Idk why this is even here)

• Stannis (I know she wasn't in s4 but we never actually saw her get killed, Big Finish doesn't count)

• Orac

• Slave

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

Cero

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blake's 7, what someone once uncreatively described as the show so cheap they couldn't afford the apostrophe in the title.

So, ignoring all the spinoffs and continuations and whatnot that came afterwards - assuming the BBC had commissioned a fifth series after that infamous cliffhanger that was somehow supposed to infer that some of them actually survive even though it doesn't feel like that at all - who do you think was coming back to fight the Federation another day? Bearing in mind which actors are most likely to have renewed their contracts (which basically discounts Gareth Thomas and Glynis Barber but I'm including them anyway for posterity).

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Avon, Vila and Orac for sure. I was never particularly fond of Tarrant and Dayna anyway (on TV at least).

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why discount the Big Finish audio adventures? Many of them are excellent, and with most of the original cast!

If we could make a What If come true for Blake's 7, my request would be that a studio turns those audio adventures into an animated series. šŸ˜

GelflingHand

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Slave should return (he was still functional after the crash) but salvaged by Servalan, rather than being one of the seven. The rebels obviously need a new ship, most likely one Blake acquired after leaving the Liberator.

Cero

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why discount the Big Finish audio adventures?
I've nothing against Big Finish, in fact I think they've done a superlative job at recapturing the spirit of the original while telling exciting new stories - as ever. The reason I'm discounting them is purely and simply because their stories were all written and recorded after the fact, and thus don't accurately represent what the the BBC would've done in 1981/82.
If we could make a What If come true for Blake's 7, my request would be that a studio turns those audio adventures into an animated series. šŸ˜
I love that idea!

Top Bottom