• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Blair Witch 2 - The Artisan Removal Cut

Paxtn

Reaction score
Trophy Points
What is the Artisan Removal Edits purpose? This edit is the more 'raw' viewing experience of my two edits available, which brings the movie as close as possible to the Directors Cut version of the film, removing all Artisan studio tampering such as music, asylum re-shoot scenes, gore removal, detective interrogation scenes etc, and bringing Blair Witch 2 back to it's original format. It is a more 'raw' experience due to some of the loss of quality in restored scenes when compared to the theatrical version and alternate edit of mine 'Joe Berlinger Extended Cut', all newly added scenes have been upscaled using AI upscaling technology with added film grain. This is by FAR the closest thing we'll get to a true directors cut version of the film, other than the name of the edit I like to also consider it an unofficial directors cut.
ARTISAN REMOVAL EDIT FEATURES
  • Eileen Treacle 'Tristen's Delusion' directors cut hospital scene fully restored with original audio and dialogue
  • New directors cut style movie intro scene featuring Heather Donahue recreated and restored with original opening text 'The following is based on actual events. Some dramatic re-creation was necessary for reasons that will become obvious'
  • Restored scenes of the group walking through the woods to the Parr Ruins house, Restored entering Parr Ruins walk up scene with mention of where they Heather's tapes were 'found', Owl window directors cut scene partially restored 80% due to poor quality source footage. No more CGI owl (also present in Joe Berlinger Extended Cut edit)
  • All 'Artisan' Jeff's Asylum flashback scenes and asylum movie intro re-shoot scenes removed, All scenes which were previously interrupted with Jeff's flashbacks to asylum shots will now play in their correct format uninterrupted as they would appear in the directors cut. This means that each group members 'delusion' scene will now play in this style - they see something 'supernatural' then they will close their eyes.... and when they open them again they see nothing there as Joe Berlinger intended, previously these scenes were heavily edited by Artisan with forced gore shots, police interrogation shots etc
  • Reveal scene 'Everything Backwards' will now play in 4:3 camera aspect ratio directly from Jeff's monitor like the tapes do in the police station interrogation scenes, previously in the theatrical cut this scene would play in 16:9 camera aspect ratio in full screen
    Campfire scene 'Discourse on hysteria' hysteria' now has two new songs in place of Artisan's BW2 soundtrack, these songs were found in Joe Berlinger's B-Roll footage and most likely replaced by Artisan's heavily advertised rock/metal soundtrack
  • Original movie intro name and font 'Blair Witch 2' restored, no mentions of the name 'Book of Shadows' is present in this edit, all Artisan logos have been replaced with Haxan Films where possible
  • All Coffin Rock Massacre scenes removed entirely, all detective interrogation scenes moved to the end of the film where they would play in the directors cut version of the film
  • Two optional downloads with different movie intro theme songs 'Frank Sinatra's Witchcraft' and 'Type O Negative's Haunted' available
  • Enhanced Carter Burwell's music and extended it in some scenes when able, it is much louder now, voice dialogue volume is also increased and should be louder and clearer

Link to Blair Witch Forums (projects main page with both edits)

Last edited:
Pretty cool. I did a fanedit of BW2 myself a while back that tried to recreate Joe Berlinger's original version, but in the end I took a lot of liberties with it and it became a mix of his intended version with "what I think it should've been" lol. It was one of my first edits and during a rewatch I noticed a lot of stuff that could be improved, so I decided to bury the edit and start a new one from scratch. But it's not a simple edit, and personal stuff started to take over, so the new cut was put on hold indefinitely.
But I have to say I didn't make all that research to uncover missing footage or dialogue from promotional material that could be added back into the film for instance, so your cut already looks better. Maybe I won't have to finish my V2 version after all.
I'll be interested in seeing this, is it all done? Also very glad to know another BW2 fan :)

Pretty cool. I did a fanedit of BW2 myself a while back that tried to recreate Joe Berlinger's original version, but in the end I took a lot of liberties with it and it became a mix of his intended version with "what I think it should've been" lol. It was one of my first edits and during a rewatch I noticed a lot of stuff that could be improved, so I decided to bury the edit and start a new one from scratch. But it's not a simple edit, and personal stuff started to take over, so the new cut was put on hold indefinitely.
But I have to say I didn't make all that research to uncover missing footage or dialogue from promotional material that could be added back into the film for instance, so your cut already looks better. Maybe I won't have to finish my V2 version after all.
I'll be interested in seeing this, is it all done? Also very glad to know another BW2 fan :)
I watched your fan edit multiple times a couple years ago and loved it, It definitely was a big motivator for me to make this fan edit myself, really glad you like the idea behind it. This is the second release I've done so far but a third is in the works currently as I have to do a secrets of esrever version (1080p) - the current DVD version I am using does not have these things, they were most likely added in as an afterthought by Artisian at the time. As with making these fan edits every time you think you're done you re-watch in order to find things to be improved on or fixed. It is released but still a work in progress before I submit the final version here.

How I've used the promotional material footage is more than likely incorrect placement from a perfectionist point of view however, the use of it is mostly in place of where they added in the coffin rock gore scenes. This was my way of keeping those scenes in the fan edit putting them to use without giving away the ending still. This works really nicely in some scenes for example here - https://streamable.com/q5on8b

There is so many things which I want to do in just one version of my cut which sadly isn't possible. having different opening title music other than 'Witchcraft', like the one from an earlier unused script of the film with this early opening font they had in one of the trailers https://streamable.com/30y2nw

I'll keep you updated. Thanks for the support Sam!

Moved to In-The-Works. Fix/Mix is for completed edits by listed faneditors.

As Joe Berlinger said in interviews all the reveal scene was originally meant to be played through a monitor. I don't think it was intended to ever fill the screen entirely. This is a major change in my cut for version #3. It looks like the studio actually changed the aspect ratio of this footage when it originally filled the entire screen, changing it back to fit the monitor seems more correct to me. Only issue is the time stamp... not much can be done about it but I'm happy with the results here. This is just a demonstration, there will be some fixes made already to the footage I'm showing here.

Somebody f***** with these tapes....

Last edited:
Entire new scene for after credits, made with Joe's 'television screen reveal' style in mind with the gore scenes, and an edited scene playing on the television of Tristen doing crazy things.

Last edited:
a sample of the directors audio for this scene and using the real book of shadows footage from promotional content to make this edit

Should be finished within the next couple of days. 🙃

updated opening with original font
https://streamable.com/tmmgxd added back original eileen as the curtain is pulled back. she has eyes now! they are no longer edited to look like black holes like this
1aifKjB.png

uVbsTKl.png

Long delay on releasing this but it's still work in progress - a quick sample of a replacement of audio during the campfire scene here. originally these two songs would play *somewhere* during this scene in place of the existing songs in the Artisian edit.

Full list of edits updated in first post

Do you plan on reuploading some of your clips? The links show they've been removed due to ToS violations.

Loving these ideas so far. I've seen a BW2 edit that tried to restore the director's original vision, but I can't recall if it was BW2: Recut or BoS: BW2 – a steFANedit, but your cutlist looks like it's better fitted to what I'd want from this edit, and the upscaling looks good enough to me. Would be open to previewing this for you

Do you plan on reuploading some of your clips? The links show they've been removed due to ToS violations.

Loving these ideas so far. I've seen a BW2 edit that tried to restore the director's original vision, but I can't recall if it was BW2: Recut or BoS: BW2 – a steFANedit, but your cutlist looks like it's better fitted to what I'd want from this edit, and the upscaling looks good enough to me. Would be open to previewing this for you

All my sample clips were unfortunately removed by streamable and the account closed as I was doing a Human Centipede 2 edit and they must of thought I was uploading 'real gore' lol. It would of most likely been the BW2 AgentStanley recut you saw, quite popular a few years ago. I'm in the progress on working on 'version 5' of my cut as it's been a long time in the making. I would love for you to preview it when v5 is ready. I've done pretty much everything I could possibly think of and could find when it comes to restoring the film to what it once was. It has been slow since it's my first edit and I've had to learn along the way.

Will be back in a short while hopefully :)

My fan edit 'final cut version 5' now has a teaser trailer. It's almost ready...
(outdated older edit)

Last edited:
Updated the main post. Edit is massively different from what I originally intended on doing. All of my posts from earlier in this thread should now be considered outdated other than the main post itself and anything going forward from this point.

The Blair Witch forums only has the Type O intro version, not the Witchcraft version.

The Blair Witch forums only has the Type O intro version, not the Witchcraft version.

I really screwed up the links, thank you for pointing that I've corrected the issue.

Last edited:
Fixed now, should be available for viewing.

Well decided to give it a shot. Overall, I loved it. There were a few gripes I had with some of the reinstated footage in the beginning namely because it was obviously edited back in but thought that kind of editing worked well later on due to the lines between reality and fiction blurring.

I will say though, the intro song needed to fade better when it got to the van introduction. It just abruptly stops there.

Watched the Sinatra version because Poe's Haunted fits the film perfectly but I do prefer Type O's song in the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom