• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

BLADE RUNNERS - A highly experimental mix of both movies into one.

it seems ok to me, and the editor seems to like the cover just fine.

jswert123456 said:
it seems ok to me, and the editor seems to like the cover just fine.

Awesome.
BradyLeftHanging.gif

once again, the editor likes the cover, and i made it for him.
the original poster and the 2049 poster had multiple stars.
and since this is a combination of both movies, makes sense to have actors from both movies.
i made the suggestion that the cover was getting to confusing and cluttered
but the editor wanted this.

Quick update (this is the happy part) - I can say I've got a rough cut of Blade Runners now completed. I need to make a few technical tweaks but it will be ready to be shared very soon. The film will run for roughly 2.30 hours, a similar length to Blade Runner 2049. I'm pleased with my efforts. This edit makes radical changes. I wanted to prove it could be done and I reckon both films come together well.

Some general timeline images (lots and lots of cutting!):

3WKuigi.jpg

xHpH2zv.jpg

Sadly (and this is the salty part) I'm in the slightly awkward position in that I've nearly finished two fan edits before the first one has even been reviewed for approval. I'd like Blade Runners to remain on the In Progress forum until my first edit gets the go-ahead, as that one has been buried in the Pending Approval forum for 4 months now without any update. Would like to see some movement with that soon.

Here's a full cut / change list:
[font=monospace, serif]
[/font]
- Brand new opening titles.

- Movie begins with K and Deckard talking in Las Vegas.

- Tweaked establishing shots of Los Angeles (30 years ago).

- Brand new title cards.

- Changed the order in which Bryant introduces the four replicants, so that Batty is announced last.

- Removed any references to incept dates.

- Added "Nowhere to Run" short to establish Sapper Morton (30 years later).

- Cut some of the scenery shots of K flying over the farms.

- Cut some of the dialogue, including a reference to how long Sapper had been on the farm.

- Cut all reference and attempts from K to scan Sapper's eyeball (had to cut Sapper stabbing K as a result). This is to preserve the importance of the Voight-Kamff Test which is shortly introduced to the film.

- Cut Joshi's dialogue referencing finding the rest of Sapper's unit.

- Removed any shots that showed Sapper's eyeball in a bag.

- Shortened the flying to Tyrell building sequence.

- Merged the end of K's baseline test with the start of Rachael's VK test.

- Transitioned from the end of Rachael's VK test to K going to Tyrell archives to find footage of said VK test.

- Removed any references from the receptionist regarding the blackout.

- Retained Luv briefly as a Tyrell assistant who shows K the Rachael/Deckard footage.

- Removed Luv's references to Wallace, the blackout and replicants being "difficult to spot back then" (very tricky, lots of clever audio cuts involved).

- Changed it so Deckard finds Zhora's photo amongst Leon's photos (removed the photo scanning sequence later on)

- Transitioned from Gaff's stickman origami shot to old Gaff making the paper bull in the retirement home.

- Batty's introduction, removed the Chew interrogation scene entirely. As Leon managed to get a job at Tyrell corp, it Seemed logical enough that they would know who JF Sebastian was without the need for Chew telling them.

- Cut Deckard going through Leon's photos / standing on the balcony.

- Mixed Deckard's dream at the piano with K finding the child's sock in the piano.

- Cut K finding Freysa's photo in the piano. He only finds the sock.

- K's flashback to the horse figure presented in black and white. Added a brief flash of the date inscription on the bottom of the horse.

- Removed Joshi looking at the photo of the date on the tree. Seems odd that K would bring a photo of that to her attention, as it links him to the investigation.

- K's scene explaining the memory of the horse tightened up.

- Removed Joshi's "what happens if i finish that?" line.

- Cut Joi out of the DNA records scene (seems K likes talking to himself now!).

- Cut some sea wall shots.

- Cut Joi out of the flying to the orphange scene.

- Cut K being attacked by scrappers / Luv dropping the bombs.

- Sped up K striking Mister Cotton.

- Cut down the walking round the orphange / furnace scenes.

- Added quick flashbacks to K's memories of the orphanage / horse.

- Recut the horse finding scene to not make K look as emotional (trying to move away from the idea that K thinks he's the child).

- Cut down the delivery time of the "I'm not in the business" line.

- Removed "I owe you one" from the "would you come for me?" line.

- Added a subtitle for Stelline Labs (as Joi's"who makes the memories" line is now gone).

- Added "one more kiss dear" track from original movie to the birthday memory creation scene.

- Removed line about memory implantation being illegal.

- Removed any reference to Wallace in the memory making scene.

- Added 2 brief flashbacks to the orphanage scene to help the Anna reveal later make more sense. Also cut shots of K appearing too emotional (shouting God damn it, etc). Anna brings the emotion here, and a hunch that K suspects her to be the child.

- Cut K being arrested: scene transitions to Deckard on the balcony.

- Cut K / Joi sex scene.

- Removed JR's "no housing shortage" line.

- Merged the scenes where Pris and Batty meet JR into one.

- Removed wallace reference / Joi from Dr. Badger scene.

- Cut the bee sequences.

- Added the Bradbury Apts music to the Vegas scene, to help the two scenes transition together better.

- Cut down the treasure island reference ("toasted mainly").

- Batty hunting Deckard / Deckard hunting K scenes dynamically cut into each other.

- Removed any times Batty calls Deckard by name (seems unlikely he would know his name?)

- Deckard and K conversation paced differently.

- Removed K calling himself Joe.

- Added a new "reveal" scene. Implied that Sapper was Deckard's ally "everyone had a part". K / the viewer figures out who Anna is by linking the wooden figures to his horse and by examining the photograph of Rachael.

- Changed it so it's a police drone that tracks K down, not Wallace's goons.

- K and Deckard flee and head to Anna's lab.

- Removed Deckard asking if K is okay.

- Added a door closing sound to imply Deckard has gone safely inside the lab.

- K is arrested by the police, using a clip from earlier in the film.

- K has a baseline test that is way off.

- K lies to Madame Johsi - tells her that he has destroyed the child and that "it is done", explaining his bad baseline and thus covering his own tracks.

- Film ends with Deckard placing his hand on the glass.
[font=monospace, serif]- Mic drop.

[/font]

Cheers all. Should have a link to the "finished" cut soon.

The edit is looking good and I always like to see timelines.

Bad Wardrobe said:
I'd like Blade Runners to remain on the In Progress forum until my first edit gets the go-ahead, as that one has been buried in the Pending Approval forum for 4 months now without any update. Would like to see some movement with that soon.

This isn't really the place to complain, a polite PM to an admin would have been better. Also saying "4 months now without any update" isn't true I suspect. You weren't contacted about it until 2 months ago (if my records are correct). 2 months still isn't great though, I agree. I'll look into it for you. Thanks :) .

Without any significant update, is how I should've worded it. That said, I don't really care for splitting hairs. I just want to get on with it. I believe I have something worthwhile to submit to the academy, and to clarify my comments, 4 months ago is when it moved threads. There was a PM I sent to an admin, hopefully politely, but was met with an irritable response, and no update since. 

If there is any particular admin I should message about improving the process of inducting and encouraging new faneditors, I'd be happy to PM them.

Thanks.

UPDATE - ALL FINISHED!

GAgplBY.jpg

Sorry the lack of info lately everyone, been a busy summer. However I can happily say I've completed this edit now and can provide a link for anyone who's interested in watching!

For the most part I think the two films come together surprisingly well. The ending is perhaps a little controversial but I will let others decide that! Overall runtime (before credits) is 2.30hrs, which is more than acceptable. You can find a full change list a couple of posts up (below the timeline pics).

Quick question for the admins, as my first fanedit has now been approved will this one be added to the IFDB automatically? 

Many thanks.

I have literally just found this thread and followed it all the way through and found you are finished!!!!

Being a major BR fan, this particular project has definitely spiked my interest.

Would love to see it. I'll PM you.

This looks like an awesome and ambitious project. I agree that 2.5 hours is a great target runtime. 

I want to see this. I'll drop you a PM.

Thought I'd put together a trailer to show what this edit is all about. Remember Blade Runners is completed now, pending me adding the info to get it up on the IFDB. Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like a link to the film!

Fanedit now on ifdb. Thread moved.

Is there a higher quality version of this edit than the 3GB one found online?

Back
Top Bottom