• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

BLADE RUNNERS - A highly experimental mix of both movies into one.

I think its a great idea, but with so much source material it will be difficult to tell the whole integrated story in a reasonable time frame. The best blended movies fanedits that I've seen, make a creative choice to focus on a single theme and then harvest the source material that only is relevant to that theme.The David driven storyline of "Paradise" is a good example. 

If you chose to focus on the "more human than human" theme that the birth of Ana represents, then your focus would be on the replicant's story; kind of what was done in the excellent "Tears in the Rain" fanedit. Then it's not so much about Deckard and K vs. rogue replicants, but more about how they facilitate the evolution of the new "species".  Then the title wouldn't be appropriate, it would be more like "Rise of the Replicants" or something.

One thing that struck me was the Tyrell vs. Wallace storylines. Wallace was obviously insanely jealous of what Tyrell has done and that he can't without a model to copy. His delusions of grandeur for a new world of limitless slaves is in stark contrast to what Tyrell Corporation was about. A "Tyrell's Revenge" theme could be built out from the two films as well with Rachel's story providing the common thread.

Anyway, this isn't what you probably had in mind, but I've been thinking about the two BR films lately after watching "Paradise" and BR2049:Aerodynamik".

TheMovieMaestro said:
While I do tend to agree to a point with those who would like to see the Blade Runner footage presented in color, whatever way you ultimately want to do it, I support.

Cheers. I may look at providing two versions of the film if there's enough interest in a full colour version, but I definitely consider the black & white edition to be the intended version and the one that I will submit to the academy. To me, it just seems the most logical way to present the past scenes.

George Jetson said:
The best blended movies fanedits that I've seen, make a creative choice to focus on a single theme and then harvest the source material that only is relevant to that theme.

"Life" is the theme, really; specifically the creation of life and cherishing / protecting what you have while it's there. The basic arc will be this:

- Deckard is the most burned out of burned out cops, yet he is able to fall in love with a replicant.
- Roy Batty, despite murdering his creator, cherishes life enough in his final moments that he gives Deckard the chance to live on. 
- Deckard is able to flee Los Angeles and cherish his time with Rachael - albeit short - and miraculously conceive a child.
- Sapper believes in the miracle of this childbirth and lays down his own life to keep the child's identity hidden.
- K is a dutiful servant to the LAPD to begin with. His orders are to destroy the child to cover up its existence and prevent a potential replicant uprising. In the end, K submits to the "miracle" and rebels against his programming to help Deckard and his child. Like Sapper, he puts his own life on the line to help them.

There will be large chunks cut from both films to facilitate this. Most of the cuts story wise will be to BR2049. No replicant army. Wallace isn't in it at all, nor is he referenced. The company will be called "Tyrell" throughout. Wallace was only in BR2049 as they were setting up a potential sequel, with a conflict between his company and replicant uprising. The police can adequately fill the role of Wallace as they both want the same thing: the child.

Running time is something I'm looking at too, I won't let it run as a 3 hour epic if I can help it. There will be big changes, which people may or may not like, but there has to be for a project like this as you rightly pointed out.

Bad Wardrobe said:
"Life" is the theme, really; specifically the creation of life and cherishing / protecting what you have while it's there. The basic arc will be this:
- Deckard is the most burned out of burned out cops, yet he is able to fall in love with a replicant.
- Roy Batty, despite murdering his creator, cherishes life enough in his final moments that he gives Deckard the chance to live on. 
- Deckard is able to flee Los Angeles and cherish his time with Rachael - albeit short - and miraculously conceive a child.
- Sapper believes in the miracle of this childbirth and lays down his own life to keep the child's identity hidden.
- K is a dutiful servant to the LAPD to begin with. His orders are to destroy the child to cover up its existence and prevent a potential replicant uprising. In the end, K submits to the "miracle" and rebels against his programming to help Deckard and his child. Like Sapper, he puts his own life on the line to help them.
There will be large chunks cut from both films to facilitate this. Most of the cuts story wise will be to BR2049. No replicant army. Wallace isn't in it at all, nor is he referenced. The company will be called "Tyrell" throughout. Wallace was only in BR2049 as they were setting up a potential sequel, with a conflict between his company and replicant uprising. The police can adequately fill the role of Wallace as they both want the same thing: the child.
Running time is something I'm looking at too, I won't let it run as a 3 hour epic if I can help it. There will be big changes, which people may or may not like, but there has to be for a project like this as you rightly pointed out.

I can't wait to see it, sounds fantastic. Kudos for undertaking a monumental task; should be something to behold when you are through.

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
: Death; ah, well that's a little out of my jurisdiction. You... [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Batty: I want more life, fucker!
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]: Death; ah, well that's a little out of my jurisdiction. You... [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Batty: I want more life, fucker!
[/font]

Ooh you've reminded me there. I wondered what people's opinions were on this part, when I get to it? Would you prefer Batty to say "father" or "fucker" ?

I suppose father ties into the life / parenthood theme etc better but I also love how abrupt the "fucker" line is and how it changes the tone of the scene. I'm torn on this one!

My vote is for father. I've never seen the full cut that has "F*cker", but it seems way too over the top and out of place. I like the subtlety of "Father"; it can be taken in an ironic or sneering way quite easily.

Agreed, "father" fits much better thematically. Makes what he does to Tyrell later in the scene much more powerful and abrupt.

I’ll throw a wild card in. How about simply “I want more life.” It feels forced to me that Batty would say father. And fucker seems too over the top.

Moe_Syzlak said:
I’ll throw a wildcard in. How about simply “I want more life.”

tenor.gif

That's superb work jswert, I love it. many thanks!

Only thing, Wallace won't be in the film, all his scenes will be cut. Chew might not make the cut either if the running time is getting too long.

Yeah, I would remove Chew. His is one of the scenes I've earmarked to be cut out if the length of the movie is too long.

Actually, I've just had another look at the poster and see Luv and Joi there too. Those two aren't in the film either, sorry! (well, Luv is in it breifly but won't have any action scenes). Would it be easy to replace those, too?

The most prominent characters in the film (other than the ones you've already shown) are Rachael, Sapper Morton, Gaff, Leon, JF Sebastian and Bryant

Cheers

i plan to go and change the text on the back, since it still list actors names that were removed
and when you are closer to being done , ill also add some more info.

i really worked hard on the space to the left of Harrison Ford's head, in order to remove Chew
and make it look nice when i added the new actors faces.

I might suggest to use the same font for Ford and Gosling as for the supporting cast. Otherwise you’ve got three different fonts all crammed together. Otherwise it looks great.

Moe_Syzlak said:
I might suggest to use the same font for Ford and Gosling as for the supporting cast. Otherwise you’ve got three different fonts all crammed together. Otherwise it looks great.

the font for the title and the actos names on the front was from the photo he posted on the first page
i  chose a blade runner font for the title A Bad Wardrobe Fanedit
the text on the back like i already said is going to be changed but it still needs to be a regular font so its read able.

The cover looks a little busy to my eyes. Do you need all of the people?

Back
Top Bottom